Elmhurst Associates/Young Dancers

Foreverdrivingtodance

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I was told yesterday it's only up to year 9 but it would be best to check as I was only asking about my DD and didn't question whether it went to years 10 and 11.  Sorry if I've passed on incorrect info! 

Edited by twinkletoes72

We've sent the info off but not heard anything? 

Anyone have any idea when the Manchester junior associate audition is?? Getting a bit worried it will clash with holidays etc.

DS loving this year, going to all these auditions. Would love him to just get one, would be such a huge confidence boost...??? xx

• Like 1

Just to say DD auditioned in Birmingham on Saturday. She seemed to enjoy it, came out smiling. DD commented that the standard was higher than her RBS audition last week. I suspect that's because they get a lot more applicants for RBS than Elmhurst. It was interesting to see the school and the parents even got a guided tour, which I wasn't expecting!

• 2 weeks later...

They called to say she had stood out and in her dancing ticked all the boxes 

But they are concerned about her proportions at this time and in the future she may be advised not to audition for vocational school due to this 

Was bitter sweet really 

As it's amazing they want to give her the opportunity to join their young dancers scheme but quite disheartening at the same time 

She is tiny, and is yet to have a 'growth spurt' so who knows 

Her teacher and others have never heard of such correspondence, so all in all I'm taking it as a good thing 

• Like 1

Congrats ButterflyBallerina to your dc for getting a place. Who knows what the children will look like in 2/3/4 yrs time. Just enjoy the ride and ensure dc gets the most out of the lessons, you can't change what is out of your control, just take the opportunity to influence what you can. It is a long hard road for parents and children- for those who chose to take it. Xx

• Like 1

Proportions can change beyond all expectation over the 10-16 age range. I would take it that they were so impressed with your DD that it overrode their concern that her proportions may not be 'right' (for them - different schools and different companies later down the line have different physique requirements) at this stage. She obviously shone at audition! 

• Like 2

Thank you 

Its an amazing opportunity for her. I think there are so many contributing factors between now and vocational school we can't let that affect her now and if they are willing to take a chance on her we are more than willing to do it for her ? 

I have no background in dance so feel clueless a lot of the time .

X

Can anyone tell me what day and time the Manchester associate classes are please? My dd is supposed to be auditioning this weekend but she is already an RBS JA and someone has mentioned it won't be possible to do both, so not sure if it's even worth attending the audition?

10 minutes ago, Balletmummy28 said:

Can anyone tell me what day and time the Manchester associate classes are please? My dd is supposed to be auditioning this weekend but she is already an RBS JA and someone has mentioned it won't be possible to do both, so not sure if it's even worth attending the audition?

What year will your dd be in September? I can find a list sent to me.