Elmhurst Associates/Young Dancers

Foreverdrivingtodance

16 minutes ago, Balletmummy28 said:

Can anyone tell me what day and time the Manchester associate classes are please? My dd is supposed to be auditioning this weekend but she is already an RBS JA and someone has mentioned it won't be possible to do both, so not sure if it's even worth attending the audition?

Classes are on a Saturday morning. The timetable for this year was

Year 4: 9:30-10:45

Year 5: 11:00-12:30

Year 6: 12:45-14:15

I know of a few children who do both so it should be possible :) Hope this helps!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 13 June 2017 at 16:07, Balletmum55 said:

There's 2 teachers in Birmingham so 4 classes. The ones I know are - 

Yr 4/5 12.45-3pm

Yr 6 3.15-5.30pm

the other set of classes start slightly later I believe, as I'm sure the other yr 6 class finishes about 6 x 

Hi balletmum55 Is this the Elmhurst associates times or Royal ballet associates as I had thought Elmhurst was in the mornings? 

7 hours ago, MyBalletboy said:

Hi balletmum55 Is this the Elmhurst associates times or Royal ballet associates as I had thought Elmhurst was in the mornings? 

Oh I'm so sorry, yes this is RBS JA! Thought I was responding in the JA thread. Apologies xxx 

i wonder if my original post can be moved to prevent confusion? 

Edited by Balletmum55
Request to moderators

We're back! Long day as we combined it with visiting some family Manchester way! 

In usual form DS came out of the audition and when I asked what they had been doing, he said, "stuff!" 

So clueless as ever!! ?? Later on he said it had been fun despite being about 30 degrees in there! I thoroughly enjoyed the air conditioned Costa and an hour of peace. Hello to the ladies from Clitheroe if you read this! ?

Hope your DS/D's enjoyed the experience. It was a hot day and I think they were all brill to even contemplate dancing in that temperature!

Now for the wait...Is it an e mail or letter does anyone know?? ?? xx

14 hours ago, MrsMoo2 said:

We're back! Long day as we combined it with visiting some family Manchester way! 

In usual form DS came out of the audition and when I asked what they had been doing, he said, "stuff!" 

So clueless as ever!! ?? Later on he said it had been fun despite being about 30 degrees in there! I thoroughly enjoyed the air conditioned Costa and an hour of peace. Hello to the ladies from Clitheroe if you read this! ?

Hope your DS/D's enjoyed the experience. It was a hot day and I think they were all brill to even contemplate dancing in that temperature!

Now for the wait...Is it an e mail or letter does anyone know?? ?? xx

My dd enjoyed the audition too MrsMoo2.  She said it was very similar to the Royal audition but there was some free work as well. I asked her to show me what she did for this and as I am away she showed me on FaceTime. She started twerking! And then fell about the floor laughing. Thankfully she was joking and said she did pirouettes, I said but you can't do pirouettes, she said I know I just did my version of them and went on to demonstrate lots of spinning!

She said they told them they would get the results within the week.

Good luck to your son X

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LoobyLou said:

Well done to your DD princessballerina! 

Looks like they've changed the date of the Plymouth auditions...now saying 10th September (was 2nd July). Anyone know anything about this??!

Thank you. I don't know about the date change but it seems late when the classes are due to start in Sept. The email did say they were in the middle of rearranging the class times? 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 27/02/2019 at 11:27, TinyNEDancer said:

Hello

Does anyone know when applications will open for this year's auditions? Can anyone remember roughly when it was last year?

Thank you :)

I think they have opened as the website page now has information on it. 

Does anybody know how they would like the position of your arms to be? First and second position to match your feet?

Thank you xxx

Thanks Ballet Bear, I saw it on Wednesday evening! 

I don’t know the answer to your questions (sorry!) but I had a couple of my own:

- does anyone know what the closing date is?

- do we send forms and photographs via the post, or via email like some of the others?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows!