Elmhurst Associates/Young Dancers

Foreverdrivingtodance

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Flowerpot,

Although there is nothing on the Elmhurst website yet, from earlier threads Elmhurst has Associate programmes in Birmingham and Plymouth.

I've added a couple of tags to your topic.  If you click on Associates you will get a list of topics, some of which relate to Elmhurst.  Alternatively you can search using the search box with the criteria "Elmhurst Associates" (including the quotation marks).

Plymouth currently only hold associates for Yr 4/5/6 starts approx 10.00 for yr8, 12.00 for Yr 5 and 13.45 for Yr 6. There are no extended associates at Plymouth, however my yr7 dd is re-doing yr 6 as too far to Birmingham and not enough call for extended. Please spread the word and if interested make enquiries for extended in Plymouth. If there is a call for it, they may put on a class - here's hoping xx

Plymouth currently only hold associates for Yr 4/5/6 starts approx 10.00 for yr8, 12.00 for Yr 5 and 13.45 for Yr 6. There are no extended associates at Plymouth, however my yr7 dd is re-doing yr 6 as too far to Birmingham and not enough call for extended. Please spread the word and if interested make enquiries for extended in Plymouth. If there is a call for it, they may put on a class - here's hoping xx

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am assuming it is simply first position with bras bas and second position with arms in 2nd position...

Can anyone tell me if the classes in Birmingham are every Saturday or if there is an option for fewer/alternate Sats (like RBS)? And also what time the Yr 6 class starts? (Can't find mention here on forum, and have tried emailing/ringing the Registrar but it appears she is away). My DD would like to audition for Year 6 Birmingham but I'm concerned about the logistics - we live 2 hours away - I can't imagine driving 4 hours every Saturday (should she be lucky enough to get in), plus DD gets car sick...! Does anyone else do this??

Thank you

Edited by Splitz17
  • Like 1

I believe it is most term time Saturdays. My dd is a Birmingham yr 6 rbs JA and many of her classmates do both. They do Elmhurst in the morning (off the top of my head I think it starts pretty early, about 9am, but happy to be corrected??) then royal in the afternoon. On the Saturdays we don't have royal, they still travel into Birmingham for Elmhurst as I believe it's most Saturdays in term time bar the odd one. 

It's a big commitment but I understand it's a good intense class xx 

Good luck to your dd if she auditions x 

We travel 2hrs to RBS mid associates nr Bath most Saturdays but share lifts with a friend. The first few times you travel seems quite  long way but the more times you do it, it does seem to feel quicker - you just have to resign yourself to losing that day most weekends. Ours was a no brainer as limited quality training in our area. So have taken advantage of all we could afford/fit in - consequently dd now has a place at Elmhurst. 

Edited by TBG
  • Like 1

Hi all, I'm still confused about the photos required - feet easy, but are arms in first position or bras bas for the first photo? (Assuming arms in 2nd for 2nd!). My guess would be both feet and arms in 1st/2nd positions...help please! 

We've sent off for Manchester audition but my son is currently year 5, so will be 6 in September. Don't know much about it other than a girl at our school went last year and liked it better than RBS. As for pics, I sent a few as it wasn't very clear. Figure they will keep the right ones...? xxx 

Thanks for your replies. 9.30am class would make for a very early start our end - breakfast in the car!

Guess DD can audition anyway and if she's priveleged enough to get in, and really wants to do it enough (car sickness an'all;), it would be a real missed opportunity so i'd grin and bear it :rolleyes:

Photos - good idea to send selection! - but aren't the photos just a guide so perhaps 1st position/bras bas won't matter that much?

9 hours ago, LoobyLou said:

Hi all, I'm still confused about the photos required - feet easy, but are arms in first position or bras bas for the first photo? (Assuming arms in 2nd for 2nd!). My guess would be both feet and arms in 1st/2nd positions...help please! 

That is what I did for dd2. This is a recent change. I also sent photo of dd doing Demi plie in first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother yet again, but does anybody know how long the results tend to take for Elmhurst associates? Delighted to say that I have been offered another Saturday programme which I need to accept before mid June, surely Elmhurst could not take a month (though RBS took four!)? 

On 5/7/2017 at 14:24, ArucariaBallerina said:

Hi Mummytwinkletoes, I guess I would be applying for Y10 entry (in year 9 currently)! The website says 20th May in the afternoon 

Hi

I phoned them today to get a bit more information.  The extended associate scheme is for years 7,8 and 9 .  I wanted to check because my dd is currently in year 8 and they said if she auditioned it would be for year 9 entry.  The year 9 classes are held in Birmingham on Saturdays at 12.45 - 14.45.  I was hoping there would be classes a bit closer, say in Manchester, but for these associates, classes are held in Birmingham.