WL auditions for 2017

Caitlin_dance

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge congratulations to your dds Auntie Nora and southerndancemum. I remember your DD's journey last year AN as I think she was in the audition after my dd's and I've also been reading about SDM's dd's experiences for a few years too (makes me sound like a stalker!!). So exciting for them ????

• Like 5

That's great to hear!! when did she get in, we got SWL last year, so this is our last year to try for JA.We are quite late to all this.We got an associates place a YDA so she has been loving that, but would like to try again this year.Have increased ballet lessons & she now goes to a different teacher as just wants to do ballet.I know next year she will want to audition for White Lodge but it all seems so scary & unlikely!

DP as Hopeful said even though you only ticked MA'S they still invite those to final audition - if dc fit their criteria on the day and if they have places. Good luck for an MA place and try again next yr (you won't make the same mistake again). Enjoy your ballet for the rest of this year as the next 7 months will fly by and off we go again to stress city xx

• Like 1

Seems very quiet, hope there are some more yeses lurking out there from London ????. Feels like a long wait now to Mids results and probably more disappointment! It's almost a shame they can't do it as a two stage process and let anyone with a definite "no" know now, leaving a smaller pool to wait until the outcome of Finals. Oh well...

It is a long wait but all of our DC still have to be in this larger pool :) as yes for final can turn into a no for both WL and MA even sometimes ...very fast and a no for finals can turn into a yes for MA. So It is more like a deck of cards ♣️ all still mixed ????

• Like 1

I don't agree entirely Hopeful, although I do on most of your post ????. As RBS allows all applicants to audition there will definitely be some that they wouldn't consider for Mids regardless of the outcome of Finals. If my dd happens to be in that group she'd much rather be put out of her misery now. Allnewtome sorry to hear your result. I do know of dancers who have got into Mids without having been invited to Finals.

Edited by MAK
  • Like 1

I agree with you now and your original post too...

I made a different point that in a current system for us now as you said we simply don't know, so a yes can be a no in a bit and a no can be a yes for MA. So for now none of us knows and we all still can have a better or worse outcome .... the ones with a no now can end up with MA a yes for finals can turn into nothing ...

I don't think panel even knows at that point as maybe some who made it to finals will show something that RBS decides on a second look not to get them even MA....everything is still open with MA ... in some extreme cases they maybe tell you a no for both and they won't and I agree it prolongs the wait for nothing but we have no way to guess

Edited by Hopeful????
  • Like 1

One of my students JA friends got WL finals last year then a waitlist place for MA. I think quite a few got MA places from the waitlist last year, I know at least one got a no for WL finals, then got a place from the waitlist.

There is absolutely no method in the audition madness. A yes to all the finals doesn't guarantee a place! I'm sure there was a lovely story recently of someone who got a no at the initial audition stages then was offered a place from summer school, think that was elmhurst?

• Like 1

I don't agree entirely Hopeful, although I do on most of your post ????. As RBS allows all applicants to audition there will definitely be some that they wouldn't consider for Mids regardless of the outcome of Finals. If my dd happens to be in that group she'd much rather be put out of her misery now. Allnewtome sorry to hear your result. I do know of dancers who have got into Mids without having been invited to Finals.

I agree totally that in some VERY obvious to them NO for both they could send both and end up the horrible waiting:)

• Like 1

I agree with you Mak on the definite obvious to them NO ...

I speak from parent perspective as it is now, WE have no way to guess now... and I get it and totally agree with your point that it would be so much better if a complete helpless No for both was send soon after audition as he wait is so horrible ...what I think for us now because the system is like that, we now have no chance to guess and all are still for surprises bad or good!

Edited by Hopeful????
  • Like 1

Bluebird you are correct. An MA was offered a place at Elmhurst post summer school once the term had started. I also know of a WL finalist that wasn't given an MA place initially, then once all the offers had been accepted/refused, 3 dc i know were offered an MA place. Xx

Hi congrats on all the yeses ???? And comiserations to all the no's.

Re Mids, my dd did not get finals last year, and then got an offer of SWL for Mids and a WL summer school place, 2 weeks later she got an offer of a Mids place off the list after the 2 JAs who got offers WL accepted and I was told a girl who just ticked WL and got finals, got a Mids offer too and turned it down, so don't give up places become available for all kinds of reasons. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

While it is a stressful time, after receiving her no last year, it was a bad time for dd as she also had entrance exams for secondary clashing very stressful. So she also had to make the hard choice between her gymnastics, she was also a national level artistic gymnast at the time and leave the club and team mates she had grown up with to focus rate more on her ballet to improve. Then finding her lovely local ballet school could only offer a couple of classes a week, sadly leave that behind too. A year of total transition. And almost burn out for her. Plus after leaving gymnastics too a huge growth spurt of maybe 4 inches on top of that lol.

But a year on she is very happy, she was awarded a dance and sport double scholarship to a beautiful school. She adores her new dance school and is happy to be dancing every night now practically after school and I love having her at home.

She applied again for y8 this year and again got a no, of course there were tears, but the next day it was forgotten about, it's better to have tried then to look back and think what if!

Good luck everyone don't worry if it's meant to be it is I knew it's hard year all round for parents and children alike Xxx

• Like 4

From what my student said last year on the panel, there was Mr Annear, a lady who taught there and 2 dancers (one male one female)? She said that one of the dancers was short and sat with a really stern face staring at them!

They had a physio assessment where she had to try and get her knee to touch the wall.

As her teacher I was able to get feedback from Mr Annear after the results were released.

Thank you Bluebird!

You are such a nurturing teacher for your students ..

i wish was possible to get a feedback and be aware of both: the ones DC can work on for the future and non workable ones as well ...

Will be more helpful than " all the children who came were talented but the spaces are limited" kind of thing ...

Nothing will stop my child to try over again:) but I think feedback would be so helpful ....

• Like 1