Mayerling - and Spring public booking

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are  a couple of possible explanations for Mayerling tickets for Watson's performances being returned and put on sale. 1)Perhaps some people have got wind of the fact that Watson has a stress fracture are uncertain about whether he will appear and who his replacement might be.2) The incident on Westminster Bridge has made some people scared about visiting London and the Opera House.

86 seats in the same area doesn't sound to me like individuals making decisions to return tickets for whatever reason. I think it's far more likely to be something to do with block booking by ticket agencies or with the ROH itself having withheld tickets from booking for some reason and later releasing them.

• Like 3

The best seats in the house rows H-L centre in the orchestra stalls. Seems to me something VERY suspicious is going on with ticket booking at ROH.

It is weird.  On opening day for Mayerling there was nothing left for Watson on all three dates.  Some more tickets appeared just after 10 and I got mine but its been showing Sold Out ever since.  Are we to assume that Ed has fallen out with 86 close friends and relatives who have all suddenly returned their seats?!

Edited by penelopesimpson
  • Like 2

Here are  a couple of possible explanations for Mayerling tickets for Watson's performances being returned and put on sale. 1)Perhaps some people have got wind of the fact that Watson has a stress fracture are uncertain about whether he will appear and who his replacement might be.2) The incident on Westminster Bridge has made some people scared about visiting London and the Opera House.

Both possible but surely unlikely that all these people happened to have seats in the centre of the Stalls?

Maybe some sort of computer glitch managed to apparently wipe out large numbers of tickets. Certainly when I tried to book on the first day of the lowest level of Friends booking there was little or no availability in stalls/ stalls circle. Very strange and doesn't inspire great confidence in the booking system.

https://twitter.com/_edwatson/status/840688619014758405

He responded to Tamzin Outhwaite on 11th March that he has just recovered from a metatarsal injury.

OMG!  I sent him a Tweet wishing him a speedy recovery and telling him he was much missed and he Tweeted back!  He says he is much better now.  

Walking on air!  And I have never used Twitter before.  What a nice guy he must be to bother.

• Like 6

There may be 86 tickets available but they are £100 each!!

I think Lin for a goodly few here that may not be a problem.  (Sadly - much akin to your good self - I'm not among that number.  Oh, would that I were :)  I'd be much more than just WHISTLING Dixie :) )

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 2

I think Lin for a goodly few here that may not be a problem.  (Sadly - much akin to your good self - I'm not among that number.  Oh, would that I were :)  I'd be much more than just WHISTLING Dixie :) )

Bruce - I think you may find it is an issue for many people here.  Most of the people I know go in the amphi or standing.  And of those who don't they are much more occasional visitors (like me).

• Like 6