RB Summer Season Casting

1 hour ago, Bluebird said:

Cast changes for the Strapless mixed bill just announced on the ROH website:

Reece Clarke will be replaced by Ryoichi Hirano as Dr Samuel-Jean Pozzi for performances of Strapless on 20, 24 and 25 May 2017.

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-ryoichi-hirano-to-dance-in-strapless-on-20-24-and-25-may-2017

Due to injury, Sarah Lamb will be replaced by Beatriz Stix-Brunell for the performance of The Vertiginous Thrill of Exactitude on 18 May 2017. For the performances on 23 and 25 May, Lamb will be replaced by Mayara Magri.

Lauren Cuthbertson will be replaced by Akane Takada for the performances on 18, 23 and 25 May 2017.

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-changes-the-vertiginous-thrill-of-exactitude-on-18-23-25-may-2017

Injury is cited for Lamb but not for Cuthbertson or Clarke so perhaps, conscious of its demands, they are being prioritised for Symphonic Variations ...

• Like 2

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think we know who is gong to dance Armand now?

Edited to add that there are so many changes to Vertiginous as well, all of which, together with that in Strapless, must have a knock on effect on the remaining dancers. Not easy for anyone.

Edited by capybara

Thanks for bumping this, Bluebird.  I was looking for the thread the other day to put in the changes to the Ashton bill, but couldn't find it because it hadn't been tagged.  I'll rectify that now.

1 hour ago, capybara said:

Well I think we know who is gong to dance Armand now?

Hadn't interpreted it like that, although way back I had actually suggested this as a possible casting. Always interesting to speculate and cou;d be exciting in result....

I am so sorry for Sarah Lamb and will miss her.

However it looks as if I am getting my wish to see McRae and Takada together again sooner than I thought would happen! I think this will work beautifully.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bluebird said:

The replacement for Sarah Lamb in The Dream has  been announced:

Due to injury, Sarah Lamb will be replaced by Akane Takada in the role of Titania for performances of The Dream on 2 and 7 June 2017.

http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-akane-takada-to-dance-in-the-dream-on-2-and-7-june-2017

Some people cover many roles for years and never get to do a show, but Ms Takada seems to be benefitting very nicely from being a cover :).  I suppose there are times when it's easier just to drop someone into the role who wasn't originally cast, rather than move casts around.

Oh, and because I can't be bothered to look out the appropriate thread, there are currently some returns for most performances of the Ashton bill online, in case anyone's still looking.

5 minutes ago, alison said:

Some people cover many roles for years and never get to do a show, but Ms Takada seems to be benefitting very nicely from being a cover :) I suppose there are times when it's easier just to drop someone into the role who wasn't originally cast, rather than move casts around.

Oh, and because I can't be bothered to look out the appropriate thread, there are currently some returns for most performances of the Ashton bill online, in case anyone's still looking.

I have a feeling I saw him dance Armand when the Mariinsky brought it here a few years ago. I think he was dancing with Vishneva? I think Ratmansky's Concerto DCSH was on the programme with something else. Can anyone help me fill in the gaps please?!

17 minutes ago, penelopesimpson said:

Wow.  I thought they would go for one of their own

I actually think that having another guest (who has danced the role before) rather than a member of the home team is a wise move from a number of perspectives.

11 minutes ago, Darlex said:

I have a feeling I saw him dance Armand when the Mariinsky brought it here a few years ago. I think he was dancing with Vishneva? I think Ratmansky's Concerto DCSH was on the programme with something else. Can anyone help me fill in the gaps please?!

I don't think he danced with Diana Vishneva, was that Konstantin Zverev? He might have danced the next night with Uliana Lopatkina, I saw it and can't remember but I was disappointed with the Mariinsky M and A anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beryl H said:

I don't think he danced with Diana Vishneva, was that Konstantin Zverev? He might have danced the next night with Uliana Lopatkina, I saw it and can't remember but I was disappointed with the Mariinsky M and A anyway.

It was Zverev who danced Armand - Shklyarov was supposed to dance with Vishneva but there was a late cast change. He hasn't danced Armand here. 

Edited by annamk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, annamk said:

It was Zverev who danced Armand - Shklyarov was supposed to dance with Vishneva but there was a late cast change. He hasn't danced Armand here. 

...is the correct answer. Lopatkina danced with Askerov.

3 hours ago, Beryl H said:

Thanks Beryl and all those who have added information here. Does someone remember the third piece on the programme? 

Cast confirmation: Vladimir Shklyarov to dance in Marguerite and Armand on 5 and 10 June 2017
http://www.roh.org.uk/news/cast-change-marguerite-and-armand-on-5-and-10-june-2017

Vladimir Shklyarov will perform the role of Armand in Marguerite and Armand on 5 and 10 June 2017, replacing Sergei Polunin.

He has performed previously with Natalia Osipova in Giselle and recently danced the role of Armand in St Petersburg with the Mariinsky Ballet.

Edited by Amelia
  • Like 1

If I did not hear wrong, K O’Hare briefly mentioned about The Dream castings at one of the recent Insight events.

His small talk was after live stream broadcasting, I think.

2 Puck debuts, 1 already debuted dancer, Lysander and Demetrius, all debuts, Hermia and Helena, already debuted dancers.