RBS Mid Associates Auditions

richieN

2 hours ago, tired dance mummy said:

Just heard my DD has been offered a Yr 7 Mids place in Birmingham.  Good Luck to everyone waiting xx

Congratulations tired dance mummy. My dd has also been offered an MA place in Birmingham so they'll be in the same class xxx She's thrilled, especially after the no from finals knocked her a little.  My dd has been a JA there since yr 5 so perhaps we know each other Xx 

Best of luck to all those waiting to hear xxxxx 

Edited by Balletmum55
  • Like 3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Noobag06 said:

Skintdancemum and RichieN,

Were either of your DDs in the callback at finals? 

Nope no call back either . I think all that got finals have been waitlisted or offered a place .  

Good luck to those still waiting to hear x 

Edited by Skintdancemum
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Balletmum55 said:

Congratulations tired dance mummy. My dd has also been offered an MA place in Birmingham so they'll be in the same class xxx She's thrilled, especially after the no from finals knocked her a little.  My dd has been a JA there since yr 5 so perhaps we know each other Xx 

Best of luck to all those waiting to hear xxxxx 

Well done to your Dd,  I have sent you a private message xxx

• Like 2

Well done to all those dc with yes's and fingers crossed for those with SWL. Those that have been offered full time places may not have informed RBS yet and I believe there are still funding auditions so still a lot of time for movement. Commiserations to the No's for now, keep trying. Xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAK said:

Straight no for us after SWL for JAs last year. Not going in the right direction it seems ?. DD not worried luckily.

Keep going, we did line up a couple of other associate programme auditions just in case, Central ballet and Ballet Theatre have associates programmes have auditions in May.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tired dance mummy said:

What time does the Elmhurst one start?

12.45 I believe. But I'm not sure if that's the start of Jazz or ballet (if indeed they do both at yr 7 level).  Lots of my dd's friends did both at JA level but the time between the classes seemed to be a lot more manageable! She loved Elmhurst so had asked but not sure if it's even manageable. Xx 

Edited by Balletmum55

4 hours ago, Balletmum55 said:

12.45 I believe. But I'm not sure if that's the start of Jazz or ballet (if indeed they do both at yr 7 level).  Lots of my dd's friends did both at JA level but the time between the classes seemed to be a lot more manageable! She loved Elmhurst so had asked but not sure if it's even manageable. Xx 

Dd was offered both at year 6 but as it was her first year of associates we didn't know what to expect so decided just to do RBS and turn the Elmhurst offer down.  I suppose at year 7 it would be manageable just, but I don't like the idea of no proper break, adding to that the first year of senior school, I think we will just count our blessings and just do RBS xx

Edited by tired dance mummy
  • Like 1

Agreed. We are totally over the moon with mids. And I never thought actually about starting high school too, probably will be a big ask with all the homework etc and adjustment. 

Ahh thanks for the clarification. Oh its a no for us then unfortunately xx If straight into ballet class you would always be late and neither of us likes being late!! 

Thanks for the advice x x 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-26 at 23:08, Skintdancemum said:

Looks like there has been some movement on the lists as my DD has been offered a mids place . She now can't wait to start ! 

Congrats @Skintdancemum. That is great news. Be proud!!!

My DD is starting at Centre Pointe in the Grade 5 Ballet class and she is auditioning for the Pointe. So we might meet sometime.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, richieN said:

Congrats @Skintdancemum. That is great news. Be proud!!!

My DD is starting at Centre Pointe in the Grade 5 Ballet class and she is auditioning for the Pointe. So we might meet sometime.

Thank you ? was not expecting the phone call so was shocked . There maybe more movement on the list yet you never know .... is your daughter changing schools ? 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Newdancermum said:

DD on SWL for Birmingham so crossed fingers here - probably all the way until October - and more than likely for nothing but it gives hope!

Good luck and fingers crossed!! Not sure how many spaces there are, but I know of 4 girls that have got MA places starting Y7 in September xx

• Like 1

On 29/04/2017 at 23:34, Vonrothbart said:

Just to give some of the DC on the SWL a little hope, in that one from the list has got a place at Newcastle.

6 hours ago, tired dance mummy said:

Good luck and fingers crossed!! Not sure how many spaces there are, but I know of 4 girls that have got MA places starting Y7 in September xx