RBS Mid Associates Auditions

richieN

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just getting back to Mids, and when audition results will be out...

Some of the current MA students have not yet been assessed for a further year's place. Unlike JA, MA students are assessed every year to retain their place. My DS is a MA in London and his assessment is this weekend (eek!) and I know other MA centres have their assessments after Easter. So although the auditions for new Mids were months ago, probably the results will not be out until all the "internal" assessments are done, and they know how many spaces might be available.

Having said that, they are usually very very quick with the news once all the assessments are done.  

The results come out before all existing MAs have their assessment. I think this is one of the reasons why there is a lot of movement on the short waiting lists in June/July. They go on what they know now with places (Y9s leaving etc) for the offers.

The results come out before all existing MAs have their assessment. I think this is one of the reasons why there is a lot of movement on the short waiting lists in June/July. They go on what they know now with places (Y9s leaving etc) for the offers.

Ah thanks Dancefanatic I did not know that!

• Like 1

I sent an email to RBS about something unrelated to auditions and received an automated response that all White Lodge finals results had been issued and the Mid associate results will be emailed out at the beginning of April. 

I am assuming that as the JA classes finish this weekend for Easter break it may be sometime in the next few weeks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tired dance mummy said:

I sent an email to RBS about something unrelated to auditions and received an automated response that all White Lodge finals results had been issued and the Mid associate results will be emailed out at the beginning of April. 

I am assuming that as the JA classes finish this weekend for Easter break it may be sometime in the next few weeks.

Hi @Cinderella

@tired dance mummy is correct. My DD attended WL finals, and we were informed that all the Associates results will go out together in the beginning of April.

Not long to wait, hopefully. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mumofpinks said:

Well done Skintdancemum - fingers crossed for some movement on that SWL. Is that for year 7? Has anyone heard of any news for yr 8 mids? 

Yes that's year 7 . Think places are like gold dust in Manchester this year so not holding out much hope esp as she wasn't a JA and I'm sure they are higher up the waiting list x 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skintdancemum said:

From what I hear its not short at all lol ? 

So I guess from a parent's perspective what it means is that your daughter is RBS standard, but there isn't a place.... I'll take that for now, and whatever comes up will be fine. My view is that as the number of associate centres goes from 8 in Juniors to 4 in the mids, a SWL is a fine result.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, richieN said:

So I guess from a parent's perspective what it means is that your daughter is RBS standard, but there isn't a place.... I'll take that for now, and whatever comes up will be fine. My view is that as the number of associate centres goes from 8 in Juniors to 4 in the mids, a SWL is a fine result.

Yes that's a great way to look at it esp as our dds were not JAs and made it all the way to finals . ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Noobag06 said:

Mine was. She's also a non JA, and we're waiting for London results.

Just trying to fathom RBS! 

My DD got finals but wasn't in the callback and is a JA.  She only started as a JA in year 6, so amazed she has managed to do so well.

Not sure that helps with trying to fathom things out. 

• Like 3