RBS Mid Associates Auditions

richieN

On 2017-4-28 at 09:00, Skintdancemum said:

Thank you ? was not expecting the phone call so was shocked . There maybe more movement on the list yet you never know .... is your daughter changing schools ? 

Yes @Skintdancemum, DD has transferred over to Centre Pointe. 

I hope you've recovered from the shock now. Congrats again.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lat year no one was assessed out of dd's class. I think if a child is responding well to the training they are unlikely to be assessed out. 

I'm only guessing, but it's difficult to be accepted in to MA's and so I would think that any possible reverse in the process would be just as well considered. 

It's assessments tomorrow and my pupil is a bit nervous! So am I! It is very hard to get a place, she's one of only 5 in her year group. I'm biased but I think she's the most beautiful dancer, just hoping they see what I see tomorrow 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluebird22 said:

It's assessments tomorrow and my pupil is a bit nervous! So am I! It is very hard to get a place, she's one of only 5 in her year group. I'm biased but I think she's the most beautiful dancer, just hoping they see what I see tomorrow 

It's actually quite a nice day out away from school. I'm sure she'll enjoy it!

Edited by Piccolo
Missed out the word 'sure'.

I have never heard of anyone being assessed out of Mid Associates, but I suppose it may have happened.  However, I do know of two girls (one a pupil of mine, one not) who were put "on monitor", i.e. RBS had certain concerns about them and would closely monitor their progress during the summer term before making a decision.  Both were awarded places for the following year.  (This was all a few years apart.)  In my pupil's case it was definitely due to her hitting adolescence and all the problems that come with it.  She was tiny, then hit a growth spurt, and with hypermobile joints was all over the place.  However, all came good and she ended up going to Vocational school after GCSEs.  Mids is just the peak time for these adolescent growth problems, Yrs 7 - 9, so hopefully allowance is made for this.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2017-5-11 at 20:54, Bluebird22 said:

Apparently Matthew Bourne was at the mids assessment on Wednesday? 

WOW!! That would make dc perform well. Was that a one off as he wasn't there for Bath assessments. 

Dd gave up her yr 8 mids place next year  over weekend so some lucky person should be offered Bath from SWL, unless they saw it coming and had over subscribed the class . Good luck everyone. Xx

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, richieN said:

Hi Everyone,

My DD has just been offered a Mids place in Manchester, which we are accepting. So there are still some movements to be had for those still on short waiting lists.

Congratulations RichieN, my dd is going into Manchester Mid Y8 and grade 5 at CP too!! They must know each other surely.  Such a beautiful dance school.  Look forward to meeting you soon I expect your dd is very excited!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Snowflake said:

Congratulations RichieN, my dd is going into Manchester Mid Y8 and grade 5 at CP too!! They must know each other surely.  Such a beautiful dance school.  Look forward to meeting you soon I expect your dd is very excited!

Yes, she is super-excited. They will definitely be in the same class.

I agree about CP - a very good school indeed. If you see me wondering around on the first day in September, say hello. I'm the one with no hair :ph34r::D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richieN said:

Yes, she is super-excited. They will definitely be in the same class.

I agree about CP - a very good school indeed. If you see me wondering around on the first day in September, say hello. I'm the one with no hair :ph34r::D

Yes, just amazing !! dd absolutely loves it! She is just about to finish her 2nd term there, so quite new too, I will ask her to introduce herself if she hadn't already! 

I'll look out for you, blonde mum usually with my very lively 9 year son ? In tow..! 

• Like 1