Classical Greek costumes

Lemongirl

Does anyone know where I can buy a ready-made Classical Greek costume for festivals?  Dd is doing Aphrodite goddess of love and I thought I would have to get her a costume made. But it's far easier to buy ready-made if possible.  Found a few possibilities on Ebay, anywhere else I can look?  Thanks.

Hi Lemongirl, there is a UK company called Festivaldancefever that make Greek costumes to order and also I believe Dancedirect may have some. Of all dance costumes though, Greek is probably the easiest to make yourself (or ask a friend) using a leotard as a base and attaching chiffon panels. You need to singe the chiffon to stop it fraying. Have done this for costumes needed in unusual colours.

We're just looking at a new Greek costume so I know that IDS and Images have some, couldn't see anything suitable on Revolution dancewear. It's worth checking on Facebook dance costume selling groups. Dd's previous costume was a real lucky find - a white Grecian style dress for £7 from Amazon over an existing white leotard to protect her dignity, bargain!

Thank you so much, really helpful suggestions.

Dance Direct have a beautiful pink costume that I think would fit the bill and it's reduced to £22 but dd's not keen on it unfortunately.

Will try the other places suggested too.

I will PM you pups