Royal Ballet School SS

Mouseys mum

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have in past years heard various names incl Priority Wait List, Select Wait List, Directors Wait List....no idea if there was a pecking order ie. one if in I d or other meant 'higher up' than if letter said plain old wait list only.....

I suspect all same just various templates used by different admin staff - not terribly transparent & led (leads? Are theses different lists out there again this year?) to wondering which list better to be on etc....it really prob was due to age/alphabetical listing & which computer station you were allocated to ie. who pressed send! Just an opinion of course....anyone know for sure?

No email here either. First time applying - DD will be 10 (year 5) Shame as the delay is preventing us confirming other plans. Not sure who/ how to contact. Pretty poor communication have to say.

• Like 1

Ah Dancer123 good to know we're not alone. I hadn't told DD they were due out today thankfully. I know they are inundated, busy etc but given you pay just to apply to summer school it's a bit poor in my opinion, to not be able to keep to an already delayed outcome! Hey ho! Onwards to Monday!

• Like 1

I feel quite sad I told my DD we would hear today, everyone else at her school seems to know.I said it must be a NO but to have to go through another weekend of waiting feels awful. Not sure why they said it would be today if that was not the case

How unforgivable that they should say that ALL applicants (WL) would hear by Friday 10th of March. If they are not going to stick by it then they should not say it!!

• Like 1

Ah Dancer123 good to know we're not alone. I hadn't told DD they were due out today thankfully. I know they are inundated, busy etc but given you pay just to apply to summer school it's a bit poor in my opinion, to not be able to keep to an already delayed outcome! Hey ho! Onwards to Monday!

I know! Thankfully DD doesn't know today is the day but I do!

Hello,

Can anyone who has attended before comment on the quality of the program for the White Lodge 10-12 age range?  Is it challenging, pointe work every day, etc?  Also, is the summer school used to sometimes extend offers for the year round program?  I realize there have already been year round auditions/offers - just wondering if the summer offers this possibility.

Thanks! 

If they were inundated with applicants each paying £25 then by my basic grasp of economics they have enough in kitty to pay for decent email merge software/extra few hours of staffing/temp/outsource to outside communications agency etc to ensure a deadline is hit !!

• Like 6

Viviangrace they do make offers for the main school from SS. I can't comment on pointe work as dd never been but most in UK don't go en pointe until 11/12. It certainly isn't expected in those starting vocational school at 11...

If they were inundated with applicants each paying £25 then by my basic grasp of economics they have enough in kitty to pay for decent email merge software/extra few hours of staffing/temp/outsource to outside communications agency etc to ensure a deadline is hit !!

Friends whose DD applied for a Youth Theatre programme got an email about midnight once...surely that's got to be some email programme and not a poor human being inputting all the data. Saying that...please don't all wait up.

Mine was sent 4.13 pm Central European Time. A friend of mine, who is in the Waitlist, received her mail one hour later.

Three years ago my daughter was waitlisted and called after the acceptance deadline so... finger crossed everyone!

• Like 1

Just received a no. Oh well. ..like I said before. ..at least behind the settee got a good hoover when we took the photos. Never again...will be getting professional ones next year!!

sorry to hear that hoglett - onwards and upwards

£67,350 to be precise!

• Like 1

I'm just curious if the odds of getting in increase if you provide your own housing since spots in the dorm must be limited? Was there a spot to check on the application no housing needed?

It didn't increase our chances , dd could have stayed with family although not ideal travelling in everyday she would have endured it.......We , well that should say I was desperate to visit WL and would have pitched a tent in Richmond Park if needed ;)

I wasn't quite as put out when it was SWL for Floral St as dd has been many times.

• Like 2