Company Auditions/Vacancies - 2017 onwards

Jan McNulty

Do Northern not specify minimum and maximum heights for their dancers? Come to think of it, do the other British ballet companies ask for certain heights, or do they all just take graduates from the top schools regardless of what height a dancer is?

• Like 1

Do Northern not specify minimum and maximum heights for their dancers? Come to think of it, do the other British ballet companies ask for certain heights, or do they all just take graduates from the top schools regardless of what height a dancer is?

If it's not in the advert then no they don't specify.  NB has the most diverse height range of men and women that I can think of.  BRB is also pretty diverse.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where best to post this but perhaps this is as good a thread as any.  Just back from dinner with friends where I met a lovely girl who is auditioning this year for a company place (classical ballet) and was saying that she wished to go to Germany but was considered too short.  So for all those who have DD that are worried about getting too tall .... Good luck to all!

Edited by Newdancermum
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've picked up via Facebook that Ballet Black are auditioning for male dancers:

Ballet Black

#AUDITIONS: We are seeking new male dancers to join our culturally diverse Company for our 2017/18 season. Candidates should have strong classical technique & partnering skills & a passion for working creatively. Choreographers for this season include Michael Corder, Martin Lawrance, Annabelle Lopez Ochoa & Cathy Marston.

Suitable candidates should submit up to 4 dance videos & up to 4 dance photographs plus a CV or resume to balletblack@gmail.com with "Male Audition" in the subject line.

British citizens, EU members or those with the right to work in the UK preferred, but we are still interested in hearing from international dancers.

https://www.facebook.com/BalletBlack/?pnref=story

Edited by Jan McNulty
edited for formatting and to add in FB page link
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, it is audition time of year again, and as I read about all the European companies advertising I ask myself what is going to happen after March 2019, when British dancers will lose freedom of movement and the right to work in Europe.

How are they going to find contracts? and why aren’t people asking questions? I have seen nothing in the dance press and it is the most pressing topic in the dance world today.

21 minutes ago, Goldenlily17 said:

Yes, it is audition time of year again, and as I read about all the European companies advertising I ask myself what is going to happen after March 2019, when British dancers will lose freedom of movement and the right to work in Europe.

How are they going to find contracts? and why aren’t people asking questions? I have seen nothing in the dance press and it is the most pressing topic in the dance world today.

depends on  the deal 

also  depends on  what the visa scenario  is like  ( both ways)   potentially  we  see a scenario where  the UK companies   have a more  British  corps   and the movement internationally   in and out of the UK happens at soloist level  as  at  that point  the companies will be able to make the justification for  visas etc. 

Edited by Nicola H

Yes, it will depend on the (new) visa rules. On another thread someone provide approximate figures for EU and non-EU dancers in the UK companies currently. From recollection, I think that there were more non-EU dancers than EU dancers with ENB having the most EU dancers. In theory, it might be easier for British dancers to get contracts in the UK if freedom of movement from the EU is curtailed.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Also saw this on Sir Matthew Bourne's New Adventures Facebook page today:

NEW ADVENTURES 2018 AUDITIONS:
We are now accepting CVs for this year's annual auditions to join our award-winning company, on 22 to 24 February 2018, with recalls on 25 February 2018!
(Deadline: 3 February 2018)

For full information please visit: http://new-adventures.net/company/auditions-jobs-and-work-experience

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Vienna Festival Ballet:

Declaration: I have no commercial interest in this company, but Peter Mallek their Artistic Director is known to me.

This was picked up from a facebook posting, but I see its dated 5th of February on their post. Its worth calling them if anyone is interested

Position available for principal standard male dancer to start immediately. Min height 1.78cm. Class is at 10.30am at Dance Attic, Fulham . Please bring cv

VFB Tel No 01442 268756

6 hours ago, Michelle_Richer said:

Declaration: I have no commercial interest in this company, but Peter Mallek their Artistic Director is known to me.

This was picked up from a facebook posting, but I see its dated 5th of February on their post. Its worth calling them if anyone is interested

Position available for principal standard male dancer to start immediately. Min height 1.78cm. Class is at 10.30am at Dance Attic, Fulham . Please bring cv

VFB Tel No 01442 268756

Thanks Michelle.  I have moved your post into Jan's pre-existing thread.