Rambert Sixth Form Auditions September 2017

Hydrangea14

Sorry to go slightly off-topic, but Dd will be applying for Rambert for 2018 entry. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about where the students live? Their website says that they point you towards private sector options and try to link you up with other students, but I believe private landlords are generally unwilling to rent to under 18s. Central benefits from being close to Liberty Living accommodation which will take under 18s. Not sure how the 16/17 year olds get on near Rambert though?? I guess there aren’t that many of them - think it has been mentioned before that most of their intake are 18?? 

My niece did homestay (along with other Rambert students) with a lovely landlady who has been hosting Rambert students for a while. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes she did a solo and an interview/physio screening... she loved the audition process and the place itself. She said there was a short amount of pointe work after ballet... approximately 5 minutes on barre and 10 minutes in the centre, so nothing too daunting x

• Like 1

Thank you all, does anyone know if it's by letter or email? dd is waiting extremely anxious and hopeful. If she don't get in she's ok with that as she has a back up plan and that is to do A Levels. She just wants to know so she can concentrate on her GCSE. Im sure many of us here knows that waiting for auditions results is tedious and uncomfortable. Good luck too to those who are waiting for the results

My DD was told that the people that are being accepted know first and the no's come last approximately 2 weeks wait so she's probably not got in... if we hear nothing by Wednesday (just over 2 weeks from the audition) then we will contact them

Thank goodness your question sent me scurrying off to check the invitation, as dd had completely forgotten to pack shorts and sports bra (in case she does get asked for physio assessment). Not very clear is it? Our letter said that everyone is invited to a talk at 1pm by the AD, so presumably if you are not asked to do a solo etc you hang around awkwardly?

Today it was said that there were a number of reasons why you might be asked to do a solo, and that the panel does not make their decision until the end of the day. Also that people on the reserve list can be waiting until the first day of the new academic year (apparently this happened in 2016) which must be absolutely nerve wracking for the poor dc concerned. It was also said that everyone would be informed of the outcome by Monday, so at least we will not have long to wait. My dd said the classes were absolutely brilliant and thoroughly enjoyed 'a grand day out. Good luck to everyone else auditioning.

Thanks everyone for the helpful info and insights. We are there tomorrow. Good luck to others there tomorrow too and hope those of you who have been already get the results you are hoping for. Have had a difficult journey and struggled to locate hotel and dd had to get later train as hers was cancelled. Hope it is not an omen! ????

• Like 2

Can anyone shed any light on what might get asked in the interview stage if you get that far? That bit is freaking out my DD far more than the dancing part of the audition

On the 10th Feb, the dancers who had a physio assessment were the ones who had an interview. Dd's friend told me they asked her what she thought she could bring to the school and why she had applied there. She gave me the impression that it was a quite relaxed conversation.

• Like 2

In case anyone is still wondering and waiting, we had a message that there is a delay in communicating results from the February 9th and 10th Auditions. Should be told next week.

Yes we had a response today. It was quite a long message and I have to say it was the most nicely worded 'sorry' that dd has received. So that's it dd's future is now decided for next year.

I hope you have a good outcome mnemo.

Thank you sarahw that's very kind. Yes dd has an offer for Ballet West and she is very excited about it. I am relieved its all over and in the nick of time too. Just had e-mail from other d's school about UCAS applications. Should be a doddle applying for a science degree compared to auditions though :)

Audition date has been put back three times, the latest to end of April. In fact they've messed him around so much they said if it was too late he could have a full refund!. Sadly that's what he's decided to do. I really want him to audition but of course it's not about me :unsure: