Audition timings

Lilac

If it is a no, then that I don't think anything changes.  However there are always people taken in from waiting lists. All offers are provisional anyway depending on A-level or equivalent results.  Laban have many overseas applicants and some are offered places, but they are also dependent on English language certificates so quite a few do not take up the offered place which then goes to someone on the waiting list.

Two friends auditioned for Birds last week and unexpectedly received a YES on the spot, before they even left the studio!  

I feel that the audition day is exciting as the adrenaline kicks in and it can be treated as a stage performance.

The waiting game for a result is a whole new experience and very challenging on the old nerves!!

Good Luck, I wish you well, with fingers crossed for a successful outcome. :)

Any tips or experiences of audition at London contemporary? All seems a bit vague with how at the first audition you may or may not do your solo, and may or may not have an interview. And then need to be told in a few days whether. You have round 2 on Friday? Thanks

• Like 1

Must be a quick decision about recalls for this Friday, presumably a mix of candidates from the Monday - Wednesday auditions which makes for very little notice! DD finally ready with a solo for tomorrow! Good luck for your hectic week anon_dancer 15. To you go on your own to the auditions, DD is for for tomorrow, went with a friend and mum to Laban.

DD has found quite a number of applicants who are on CAT schemes at these auditions who are obviously very good. Wonder if that gives you a big advantage to be accepted, especially at the dance school where a scheme is based?

Anyone auditioning at London Contemporary this week may be interested to know DD said they were told today that if you were recalled it would not necessarily be to this Fridays second audition. Personally I imagine the earlier auditions would more likely be called up to this Friday.

Well maybe early auditions are a good thing! DD heard yesterday she has a 'yes' from Laban, her first audition! She is over the moon to have a definite place so early on, just removes so much pressure. There wasn't me worrying about the date, and her not having done much contemporary or a CAT scheme...!

• Like 11