EYB Audition Aylesbury

Lemongirl

Thank you.  Good luck to everyone who is auditioning on Monday.  This will be my little dd's first time auditioning, she'll be a junior and my older dd a senior.  I haven't quite worked out the logistics of this yet!  :D

You and your older one can watch the junior audition, then the younger one can sit with you and watch the senior audition. Quite a lot of people do that. You might want to take something to eat with you.

My older dd (and her friend from school who hasn't done EYB before) both got places in the senior group  :)

However, we had a bit of drama with little dd.  I picked her up from school early and as we came out of school I was holding her pass out form which she wanted to see and took out my hands.  This was very close to a small set of steps.  Yup, you guessed it, she missed the step and went tumbling  :(   She had a slightly grazed knee but the main problem was her ankle which she twisted.  We decided to press on to Aylesbury and see how it was.  When we got there she said it was a bit better and still wanted to do the audition.  I told EYB staff about the injury and they made a note, but from watching her it was clearly bothering her.  She didn't get a place and then the poor thing had to sit through the entire senior audition and see her older sister and friend both offered places.

I felt so sorry for her.  And I'm kicking myself.  When she took the piece of paper out my hands I could see she was near the steps and my instincts kicked in to say 'mind the step'.  But I thought she'd seen it.  I can't remember if I actually said it or not, or said it a second too late.

I have emailed EYB to see where she is on the waiting list.

Poor thing. The reserve list really does move, DD got a place from the reserve list a few years ago, so fingers crossed. Well done to your older daughter. DD has loved all her productions with EYB.

DD was successful at Salisbury last night. There were a few of them who were in the Oxford production last month and they all got in. It was the smallest audition class I have ever seen ( DD has done 5 EYB senior auditions and up until, last night they have always been 100+ auditioning ) last night there were 39 seniors and they took 20. It definitely was harder because they were all very obviously visible.

• Like 2