Auditions this year?

dramascientist

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the current LAMDA collection of acting pieces for younger children there is a grade 2 acting piece which is a short, dramatic monologue from Jane Eyre. It's easy to learn and powerful. Send me a pm if you need a copy of it or look on the LAMDA website.

So I haven't posted anything about DD'S audition plans as I didn't want to 'jinx' anything, but today has just been the most amazing day for her (us)!

Today she auditioning for full time training at Ballet West, starting Sept '17, and has been offered a place !!

She managed to hold it together whilst we were there, but as soon as we sat in the car she burst into tears - just so happy!

She has an audition at The Place next week so will of course attend, and a few more lined up in the new year, but the sense of joy in our house is overwhelming.

Personally, as a parent I love the real sense of family and support that I get from Ballet West but she needs to make the decision herself - however I do think she may have been very fortunate and found 'the one' that's perfect for her.

She is of course still submitting her UCAS applications for University as a back up - just in case something were to happen.

Now we just need to wade through the information on student finance to figure out what she can get. Not looking forward to this part!!

• Like 10

Thanks Miracle.

This is where it becomes very complicated for us. Being Scottish and living in Scotland IF DD were attending 'normal' uni we'd be in the very fortunate position of having the majority of her fees paid for her. However as this is a 'private institution' it would appear that we will get almost nothing! From my first glance I believe we'd get circa £1,200 max against ALL fees - hoping that's wrong but needs to be carefully scrutinised.

The next few days will be a series of calls to SAAS to try to find someone who understands. From previous hypothetical conversations no-one there has been able to give any solid advice.

Pass me the paracetamol please!! :-)

It is very complicated isn't it. From Wales or Ireland it is more straightforward. Regarding from England does anyone know what 'subject to re designation means'?x

Sadly not. Could it be to do with private university status? I'm not sure if its worse trying to figure out for a 15 year old. School have promised to send more information after Christmas so am tempted to put on back burner until then.

Thanks for all your congratulatory messages - DD is still grinning like the Cheshire Cat .  So lovely to see after all the stress she's put herself under in the last few months with prepping for auditions and 'normal' school prelim preparations.

We will be celebrating in some form this weekend.

• Like 5