ENB New Giselle Intensive Day

TYR

I'm hoping to. Got to sort a few things, but it looks great. 

Edited to add: Your post reminded me to book, but it's now sold out <sigh> I shall have to aim to get organised for the Bausch/Forsythe workshop next March.

Have a great time -  I've done a few ENB Workshops over the years - the highlight was class on the Royal Albert Hall stage & learning how to do piqué turns in the round.

Edited by Kate_N

Definitely! Will message you nearer the time!!

Don't know whether you've been to any workshops at Markova house but the big studio there is amazing and full of atmosphere (if not air) a good chance to catch this in this studio before move to the new place.

Oh great Moomin .....that's going to be something to look forward to for more than Dance reasons now!!

I hope the Van Manen has something to do with the Schumann pieces ....love the music ...love the ballet...but will see

Certainly different ....more contemporary choreographers ....better start preparing now ..quality contemporary is fiendishly difficult to do!!

• Like 1

Just looking at the ENB ballet programme around the time of this workshop and if it's based on what they are performing should be a great workshop!

Bausch...Rite of Spring

Forsythe ....In the Middle somewhere Elevated

Van Manen .....Adagio Hammerklavier.(Beethoven piece) ....and my personal favourite ....so long since seen this piece.

Have never seen Bausch Rite of Spring ....cannot imagine it being better than RB version to Stravinsky music but perhaps it's the same music. It seems to be highly thought of anyway.

Fascinating to work out how they will run the workshop though....perhaps you will have to choose one piece only!

I love the work of all 3 choreographers, although I've seen less work by van Maanen than the other two. The professional dancer in my family works with an AD who is a friend of Mr Forsythe's so I've heard bits about the way he works. He likes dancers to push themselves and his response to them falling over is that that means they're really pushing themselves & testing their balance technique, and style. So on the basis of third-hand ballet gossip <oops :o > I think this gives us all full licence to fall over! In the spirit of Mr Forsythe, of course.

• Like 3