Can you dance? Masterclasses

Happymum

Does anybody have any experience of CYD?

I'm thinking about booking it for my DS (Birthday present). I'd like to know the standard Of classes/teaching, which dance schools where offering scholarships to summer intensives, how busy it was, which companies had their stalls there etc etc. Any info appreciated

Dd did Leeds CYD a few months ago. She really enjoyed it and we will go again next year. The classes were well run and the standard was good, although they were quite crowded! Stalls selling dance wear and kit like foot stretchers. Not a lot to buy really. Some college stalls - Chantry, Phil Winston ....... The college showcase was very good, although again crowded so you need to get your seat early. I believe there were scholarships awarded, but that process passed us by! Quite a few high level competitive dancers were there who knew how to be seen! Overall it all felt very vibrant and fun and dd enjoyed it very much.

It did look very crowded to me, but dd didn't seem to mind. At the end of an hour long workshop there'd be 50 odd dancers all flat out performing 30 seconds of fairly challenging choreography, which was impressive! I would say all of the dancers looked very happy to be there. Have you checked out the Facebook page? Lots of video clips, pics, info on there.