Searching on multiple tags?

alison

We have quite a few tagged threads on this forum now: tagging is supposed to make it easier to find other threads on a similar topic - clicking on the "tags" tag at the top of this thread should take you to any other threads on the same subject.  Only trouble is that, while I can run a search on one tag, I don't seem to have found a way - if one exists - of searching on multiple tags at the same time.  So, while I can select all the threads tagged "cinema feedback" I can't then search on a thread for, say, "Sleeping Beauty" as well in order to narrow down the number of hits.

Has anyone found a way of doing this, please?

From the various options that I've tried, the version that worked best for me is to enter, using the advanced search functionality, one term in "find words" and the other one in "find tags". This obviously changes the details of the search. In all likelihood, however, a tag will also appear in either the title or the content of a post as a word. It did seem to work for some tags that I used recently myself (which is how I was able to check the test results more easily) – however no 100% guarantee as the search for "word and tag" is different than for "tag and tag". :)

Any entries that I made with two tags seemed to create a search in terms of “find items with tag A or tag B” rather than “tag A and tab B”.