7 things that take no talent in dance that can make (or break) your career

Jan McNulty

Funnily enough some of my students were so obsessive about having a perfect bun, that they got late for class.  I walked into the dressing-room to see where they were and found two or three girls waiting for another one to create the perfect bun (one made from several plaits) on each girl in turn.  I had to read them the riot act I'm afraid, because as much as I love to see them perfectly groomed, I can't have them being late for class because of it.  I told them that they need to learn to do their own bun and that the plaited one is not mandatory!  

Edited by Dance*is*life
  • Like 1

I observed something similar at Move It lastvyear.

Dd has just gone into a workshop which was titled Mock Audition & a contingent of very brightly, sparkly crop top & shorts clad young girls arrived a few minutes after it started.

That was excusable as Move It was very busy, you could struggle to find the right place etc etc

But they then proceeded to faff around for a further 5 mins or so having their mums put ribbons & bows in their hair & goodness knows what else.

• Like 2

I observed something similar at Move It lastvyear.

Dd has just gone into a workshop which was titled Mock Audition & a contingent of very brightly, sparkly crop top & shorts clad young girls arrived a few minutes after it started.

That was excusable as Move It was very busy, you could struggle to find the right place etc etc

But they then proceeded to faff around for a further 5 mins or so having their mums put ribbons & bows in their hair & goodness knows what else.

Haha, my dd adopted the opposite approach at MoveIt... turn up early, and ask the person teaching the workshop for their autograph ;)  :D

• Like 2