A Little Brag!

w445403

When talking about timing of auditions DS was told not to worry too much as even if he left them until the last minute he would be successful as there were very few boys of his calibre around.

He has been asked to email 2 places when he sends his forms off as both offered him a free audition following open days/workshops.

Such exciting scary times!!

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well he's had the first two auditions and so far he's had an unconditional offer from audition one and a personal email from the principal of the other one asking him to phone them in the morning. I don't think my nerves can take it, I need it to be tomorrow morning NOW!!!!!!

• Like 8

Highest combined score for audition and fast tracked onto the degree course!!!!

I was quite upset when, after 10 years of ballet, he decided to take the MT route but it looks like he knew what he was doing. I just felt regret that I would never see him dance in a classical role but given the difficulty in gaining a place then a contract he made the decision to go for the triple threat. It seems he knew what he was doing.....

I'm soooo proud I could burst but better not as I am work :lol:  :)  :D

• Like 18

Highest combined score for audition and fast tracked onto the degree course!!!!

I was quite upset when, after 10 years of ballet, he decided to take the MT route but it looks like he knew what he was doing. I just felt regret that I would never see him dance in a classical role but given the difficulty in gaining a place then a contract he made the decision to go for the triple threat. It seems he knew what he was doing.....

I'm soooo proud I could burst but better not as I am work :lol:  :)  :D

Many congratulations to your son. Are you able/willing to tell us where he will be going to train?

Many congratulations to your son. Are you able/willing to tell us where he will be going to train?

We don't know yet as  he still has Laine, Bird and Rambert. He definitely wants to go to Laine as it has been his first choice although he absolutely loved the last place.

• Like 3

Good luck to your ds - my dd also made the transition from ballet to MT - she's now a first year and loving it and is so happy with her choice (she's still seen as a ballet dancer although her assessments show that she has equal marks in ballet, jazz and tap and her singing and acting are not far behind). 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

3rd audition done, 3rd outright offer.One more to go, perhaps he will get a full house ;)

He still can´t quite beleive it, he doesn´t realise how good he is !

I'm rooting for a full house for him!! Lovely news for you both and many congratulations xx

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful position to be in and speaks volumes for your sons talents!! Many congratulations to you and your son, I'm sure it's taken much love, hard work and dedication from you both to reach this level ? Lovely lovely news!!

• Like 1

Despite spending 5 years thinking that Laine was his dream he's turned them down in favour of Urdang. It was, in the end, an easy decision for him as Urdang was such a good fit and felt right. Soooooo proud.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, w445403 said:

Despite spending 5 years thinking that Laine was his dream he's turned them down in favour of Urdang. It was, in the end, an easy decision for him as Urdang was such a good fit and felt right. Soooooo proud.

I don’t know much about either Laine or Urdang, but I have to say that the Urdang performance we saw at Move It was an absolute showstopper. Every single dancer was amazing - so huge congrats to your ds for earning a place with them :)

• Like 2