La Fille mal gardée ROH

Timmie

Naomi M posted this elsewhere on the forum: “There was a discount code on Metro, 40 pounds for orchestra stall seats and 20 pounds for Amphitheatre seats on certain performances including first night.  Enter royalballetoffer on website or say it on phone.”

I don’t know what’s left but great savings!

• Like 1

Better (worse?) still:

LA FILLE MAL GARDÉE

ROYAL OPERA HOUSE

SAVE UP TO 70%!

TICKETS JUST £10!

Usually up to £34

Cornfields, clogs, chickens and young love: Frederick Ashton’s gentle rustic comedy is a classic of The Royal Ballet repertory and has proved irresistible to newcomers and ballet lovers alike time and again.

Lise, the ‘wayward daughter’ of the title, is determined to marry Colas, the son of a farmer. But her mother Widow Simone has grander ideas! Delightful solos, pas de deux and lively ensembles are set to one of the most wonderfully tuneful ballet scores of all, whilst picture-book designs complete the evocation of a rural idyll.

La Fille mal gardée is playing 27 September until 22 October

Royal Opera House, Bow Street, London WC2E 9DD

BOOK ONLINE AND ENTER

HTOROYALBALLET*

CALL 020 7304 4000

AND QUOTE

HTO ROYAL BALLET

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

*PLEASE NOTE 'HTOROYALBALLET' MUST BE ENTERED IN LOWERCASE. OFFER VALID FOR PERFORMANCES ON 27, 30 (MAT AND EVE) SEPTEMBER AND 5, 6, 10 OCTOBER, YOU CAN NOW BUY SEATS FOR £10 IN THE AMPHITHEATRE (USUALLY £34 FOR EVENING PERFORMANCES AND £21 FOR MATINEES). SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.

Another one, just for the Friday matinee:

LA FILLE MAL GARDÉE

ROYAL OPERA HOUSE

SAVE UP TO 79%! TICKETS JUST £10!

Usually £49-£44

Cornfields, clogs, chickens and young love: Frederick Ashton’s rustic comedy is a classic of The Royal Ballet repertory and has proved irresistible to newcomers and ballet lovers alike time and again.

Lise, the ‘wayward daughter’ of the title, is determined to marry Colas, the son of a farmer. But her mother has grander ideas! Delightful solos, pas de deux and lively ensembles are set to one of the most wonderfully tuneful ballet scores of all, whilst picture-book designs complete the evocation of a rural idyll.

Join us in the breathtaking setting of the Royal Opera House this Friday afternoon for some glorious country sunshine!

This offer is for the 2.30pm peformance of La Fille mal gardée on Friday 30th September. The ballet continues in rep until 22nd October.

Royal Opera House, Bow Street, London WC2E 9DD

BOOK ONLINE

AND ENTER

ROYALBALLETMATINEE*

CALL 020 7304 4000

AND QUOTE

ROYAL BALLET MATINEE

TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Please note ‘royalballetmatinee’ must be lower case

Amphitheatre tickets for the 2.30pm performance of La Fille mal gardée on Friday are now available for £10 (usually £49-£44).

To claim this offer, visit roh.org.uk/fille. Select the 2.30pm performance on Friday 30 September and enter the code ‘royalballetmatinee’ (case sensitive) in the ‘Do you have a code?’ box, which is situated above the seating plan, and click ‘update’. To book by telephone, call the Box Office on 020 7304 4000 and quote ‘Royal Ballet Matinee’.

Ggggrrrr wish I'd known this yesterday......I bought an SC standing ticket for £8.00.  For two more pounds today I could have got a great seat in the amphi.  Ah well, it's a good standing place and means I can make a necessary quick exit at the end.  I have to look at the positive side!  I WAS wondering, when I saw the amount of empty seats in the amphi for this performance, whether something would happen;  I should have had the courage of my convictions and waited a bit!  However, I didn't want to miss the standing place, just in case.....

Mid-week matinees rarely sell well unless it's The Nutcracker during the Christmas holidays. You really need some school parties to fill the theatre. Sadler's Wells sometimes has shorter programmes on Thursday afternoons aimed at school groups even though they may not be billed as school matinees. I wonder why the RB scheduled this matinee when there are weekend matinees.

Well, the offer *has* been up here for a few days, Sim :)

Aileen, the particularly galling thing is that there is only the one weekend matinee - which has sold out. But the number of amphi seats available is truly shocking. I wonder why they left it so late to bring out that offer?

I think that the pricier amphi seats (for this ballet) are just too expensive relative to the best seats in the stalls. Yes, you have a good view but you feel very far away from the action. At most performances the stalls, stalls circle and grand tier have sold well or relatively well but it's in the amphi that so many seats remain unsold. Is it my imagination that the more expensive seats in the amphi have increased in price quite considerably in the last couple of years? £61 is being charged for some performances.

• Like 4

The poor ticket sales seem to be across all the performances although the Friday matinee is worse. It's hard to believe that there are so many unsold amphi seats for Osipova/McRae next Wednesday - the stalls have sold better but only since they were discounted to £40 ?

I've never seen so many ticket offers from the RoH at the same time and with such a high level of price discounting: Fille, Il barbiere, Cosi fan tutti. It can't be the start to the season the management will have been hoping for ...... 

• Like 2

Universities are starting back next week and Freshers at some universities are only going this weekend or even early next week. Some Freshers started a couple of weeks ago but sourcing tickets for the RB is probably not uppermost in their minds, even if they are aware of the student standby scheme.

• Like 1

I wonder why so many productions are selling so badly? A hike in ticket prices? Over-familiarity with the works? The Brexit effect even?

There may also be the Bolshoi Effect. A lot of my ballet budget went on Bolshoi performances so I'm cutting back and in my case giving Anastasia a miss (don't think I'd like it anyway).