Elmhurst auditions Sept 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DD and friend have yr 8 audition at Elmhurst on 12th Jan - group 1, are there any yr 7's auditioning on that day in group 1. Usually group 1 is all yr 7s, I am assuming this may be the last audition day and therefore mixed session of all the stragglers.

Does anyone know roughly when they would hold the finals?

Sparkle2015

The dates are on the website if you haven't seen them yet 22nd/23rd and 29th March depending on upper or lower school, and girls or boys x

• 3 weeks later...

DD and friend have yr 8 audition at Elmhurst on 12th Jan - group 1, are there any yr 7's auditioning on that day in group 1. Usually group 1 is all yr 7s, I am assuming this may be the last audition day and therefore mixed session of all the stragglers.

My dd auditioned today. It was hit and miss whether we were going as she really has changed her mind about the whole vocational school thing, even ballet as a career, and is wanting to go the academic route. My husband is cheering her on away from dance as anything more than a hobby and really doesn't want her to go, so sure that's part of it, plus she has a place at a really great school now for September and she's excited for that.

Anyway, after a sleepless night and some wobbles this morning she decided to go (we nearly didn't), nervous tears in the car but she then decided she may as well do the class as we were almost there ???? With her dad telling her don't worry, you're not trying to get in anyway as you won't be going so just have a nice time ????! (Why? ????????)

When we got there she saw some lovely girls she'd met at summer school last year that are current students and that lifted her somewhat. It was a standard ballet class apparently, with 3 on the panel and a lovely teacher so she really enjoyed the class. Parents had a tour but the children didn't (apparently that's saved for children that make finals) and we got to watch the last 10mins. My dd looked happy in the class but I must say there were some very very talented girls in her group, (21 girls, mix of yr 7/8). There had been another session that day with a further 21 girls. Boys were later that day. One of the mums on the tour advised she used to dance with ENB and her husband was a dancer at RB so I presume their daughter was one of the uber talented ones! Anyway a lovely experience, not expecting anything further, but my dd was really pleased she'd gone as we had a lovely day out. Phew! Good luck to all the children on Thursday! Xxx

Edited by Balletmummy55
  • Like 1

My daughter was in the first group this morning, a class of 21 she thinks all currently year 6. She had agreed to attend this audition mainly because her Elmhurst associates teacher thought she should try. She absolutely adores performing but is clear (or was) that ballet wouldn't be for her that she'd prefer theatre arts more. However as soon as we got to the school this morning she fell in love with it. The staff, the atmosphere and the overall ethic of the school. I have to agree too, I loved it. She's got more auditions next week for tring and Hammond but she'd absolutely love a recall for Elmhurst.

My younger sister auditioned for upper school yesterday and really enjoyed it. My mum and grandparents loved the school and said all the staff were very friendly

My DD auditioned this afternoon. She auditioned for year 10, she said 25 other children where in her group some current year8,9,10 and 11 she thinks. She said she really enjoyed it! DD has only been dancing 3 years. First year she auditioned for RBS mid and Northern ballet Associates and both where a no.Last year she did the same RBS was a no but Northern was a yes and she absolutely loves it! This year shes decided to test my nerves even further and applied for Elmhurst, Whitelodge and RBS SA. We are expecting a no from all 3! Let the postman stalking begin!!!!

• Like 2