Elmhurst auditions Sept 2017 entry

Happymum

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to your DC Karen and Armydancer..so exciting & ...to anybody who got a no for the finals .. don't be disheartened..my DD got no for both Elmhurst finals and Tring funding audition but then got offered place at WL (crazy) so every school really does look for something different !xxx

• Like 6

I did see your first attempt though you were really enjoying the well earned celebrations.

Congratulations, fantastic news :)

Ah yes!! I think there will be plenty of that going on to get through these very challenging times! It's fine for the dd - she's enjoying time out of school for auditions, it's me who's struggling! ????????

• Like 4

I feel your pain and the absolute need to indulge in celebrations. It is pure team work, without us Mums to take our darlings all over the place and sew, repair and buy all their dancing bits and pieces they would never have had the chance to reach their full potential. And we wouldn't have it any other way. Because we do it for LOVE. Celebrate away and enjoy before reality kicks in for round 2  :wub:

• Like 1

Thank you balletbean. Indeed, we must love them very much. Is your dc on the audition trail this year? Maybe we will see each other and could have a sustaining glass or two at the next one?!

I think Balletbean’s doing the rounds with me next year! We’re both lurking and looking for tips off this year’s lot :) I do like the idea of shared sustenance during the audition rounds though ………… Balletbean??

• Like 1

Thank you balletbean. Indeed, we must love them very much. Is your dc on the audition trail this year? Maybe we will see each other and could have a sustaining glass or two at the next one?!

Hi Karen,  I have one more year, this time next year I shall be in your shoes (Pointes obviously) and annoying the postman. 

But appreciate everything everyone shares this year, I have learnt do much already and still have a long way to go.......

:P

I think Balletbean’s doing the rounds with me next year! We’re both lurking and looking for tips off this year’s lot :) I do like the idea of shared sustenance during the audition rounds though ………… Balletbean??

BlueLou, 

A* for you, you are so right this time next year I shall be on the trail. We may well meet up. 

For now, DD and I shall stick to Festivals (one more sleep) and SS application forms. 

:D

• Like 1

Armydancer, it looks like it's just you and me with DC trying for year 7 at Elmhurst. It's surprising as there were many more on the forum previous years. I'm pretty sure there are some shy new dancing parents/guardians who read the post but are not yet ready to join in discussion - hope they got (will get) finals and would like to share the good news with all of us!

Have been waiting a while to see if any other yes's for finals came up... it seems a very very small number that are through (I'm talking upper school here), feeling almost like there's no point turning up to DD's audition! Knew it would be tough but it seems even harder this year

• 2 weeks later...

good luck to all DC auditioning at Elmhurst tomorrow. My DS is nervous but excited at the same time. We are in our hotel already and DS is looking forwards to full English in the morning.

Absolutely good luck to everyone auditioning this week.  Happymum, I hope it all goes well tomorrow for your fab DS - I will be thinking of you and be with you in spirit. xx

How did your DS's audition go today? Well I hope! Thinking about it for our little DS in the future and although have done it all with DD a while ago, was wondering if it's a different experience for boys.

Today's preliminary auditions were the same for boys and girls, very similar to how they were 2 years ago when my DD auditioned (if not exactly the same).

I think that the finals might be different as boys and girls have separate auditions, maybe they are looking for/checking different things in boys? But maybe not, I have no idea, sorry

Edited by Happymum