Elmhurst auditions Sept 2017 entry

Happymum

Here we go again ????. The auditions dates are announced!

Who is auditioning at Elmhurst this year? My DS will be trying for year 7 place. After dropping my older DD at vocational school this afternoon I will give myself a couple of weeks off before I start to worry about application forms and dreaded photos. But good to have the dates.

• Like 5

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD will be auditioning for Yr 8. Unsuccessful at finaL audition for Yr 7 place ( came down with flu the day before audition). Not sure how she managed to audition as dh couldn't even get out of bed the following week when he had her flu. Fingers crossed for Yr8.

Edited by TBG
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A simple question, as a newbie to all this. 

Application PHOTOS:-  Are they looking for professional photographic studio quality or clear photos taken by a parent in a dance studio setting?

I have the info on the positions and clothing but nothing else. I don't want to get it all wrong and lessen any chances because of a simple error

Any advice gratefully received. 

Thank you   :)

Don't worry about profesional photos. I took my DS's photos my self and in a hall not a Dance studio. Then I let his teacher decide which were the best to send.

I did the same 2 years ago with my DD's photos and she was successful in getting a place at more then one Voc. School

• Like 2

Don't worry about profesional photos. I took my DS's photos my self and in a hall not a Dance studio. Then I let his teacher decide which were the best to send.

I did the same 2 years ago with my DD's photos and she was successful in getting a place at more then one Voc. School

Brilliant thank you.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

No solo needed in Elmhurst. For preliminary auditions it will just be an 1,5h long ballet class (including flexibility test). This is how it was done for the last 5 (ish) years, haven't received details for this year but I guess it will be the same

• Like 1