Elmhurst auditions Sept 2017 entry

Happymum

Hi all, 

Has anyone with a DC that got a no received feedback yet. I have emailed and called but still no feed back.  Happy my DS got a no as he has been offered a place at hammond which he loves. But would like feedback prior to the funding audition. 

• Like 2

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Armydancer. I had to chase up feedback for Elmhurst from my DD audition in January. When I emailed them I'd been told my DD was marked as feedback given even though they'd not spoken to me. I asked for it before tring funding audition and they gave it to me as we arrived home from the tring audition. They did give some useful advice but we could have worked on it if they'd given it sooner 

Elmhurst don't usually give feedback from pre-lims due to the amount of dc auditioning. Feedback post finals last year was a phone call but was not until mid May, and was very helpful. Xx

9 hours ago, TBG said:

Elmhurst don't usually give feedback from pre-lims due to the amount of dc auditioning. Feedback post finals last year was a phone call but was not until mid May, and was very helpful. Xx

HI, 

It was finals and was told would get back to me last week. He is also an associate. We would just like it prior to funding audition ect. Past that is not helpful. 

Hi Armydancer. It was Denise Whiteman who passed on the JA feedback, not sure if it'll differ for finals. My daughter currently at the easter intensive so I know Denise is busy until Monday afternoon as she's the one in charge of the course.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think I'd they see the right person they will offer a full time place from SS, other auditions etc.

If you have already auditioned this year I guess you need to be realistic about the chances of you having changed so quickly...... Good luck.

It can happen. My DD was a finalist two years in a row plus attended SS both years. She didn't get an offer from finals but was invited up for an assessment the September of the second year and started at the school shortly after. She absolutely loves it there. I don't know how usual her experience is but do know first hand that such offers can be made. So never give up but mostly enjoy all experiences you get AcurariaBallerina. 

• Like 1

I've heard that they're possibly adding another audition date next month as not all the MDS awards have been given out? Anyone heard the same? My DD JA teacher wasn't certain but advised me to email for details as she though it worth my DD trying again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, amos73 said:

Interesting Hairbelles - is that what they are doing this year?

I have no idea sorry just thought it worth a mention as to what happened  that year . I think my dd was yr8  so she hadn't auditioned that year . 

13 minutes ago, Sarah2203 said:

That may explain why my DD JA teacher advised new photos then. Her photos were done back in September and her shape has completely changed. I've emailed but not heard back yet. 

Aha! So are they likely to advertise this new audition or is it just for people in the know??

I think it was 3 or 4 years ago and only those children selected from their photos were auditioned. It was just the one audition date I believe. I seem to remember reading that some who had already auditioned that year did apply again even though there was, I think, a 'please don't apply if you have already auditioned this year', but can't remember whether they were auditioned. There is a thread on here about it which became quite lengthy!