Now That's What I Call A Correction Volume 1

TYR

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/09/2023 at 08:36, Alexander said:

Vaganova head tilt- I just had to go the wrong way. She reached up and corrected it.. somewhat reminiscent from a scene in the Exorcist.

Oh please - I'm scarred for life by that scene from going to see a film at the uni film club (I think it was supposed to be Airplane!) where someone had actually left the reel (that dates it!) from the previous night's film in the projector. Yep.  Halfway through The Exorcist :(

• Like 1

David "President" Nixon at Central School yesterday:

"I'm not sure I'd even give a one for musicality after that. You could sing this movement - you could sing it to The Greatest Showman."

*demonstrates, singing The Greatest Showman, rather well*

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Another one from my wonderful Saturday morning ballet class. 

"Move your arms in the port de bras like you're making dough, smoothly and evenly." 

I'd never thought of it like making dough before but I rather like the visual of kneading and stretching pastry out.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The sort of correction when the instructor, in passing, seems to make a very slight adjustment to an arm or leg without comment and then moves on but the feeling is so different and connected and whole and thoughts flood in "oh, my, its like this!"... and I then spend the next 10 classes trying to re-find it again.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Last night my teacher was trying to get us to lower our shoulders and lengthen our necks, chins up etc. She said 'imagine you've got a massive pair of dangly earrings on like Christmas baubles and you are trying not to catch them on your clothes'. It actually worked really well :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"This is a men's turn traditionally because it needs strength and [she points at her backside] you've got the CANNONBALL!"

• Like 1

On 04/03/2024 at 15:31, TYR said:

"This is a men's turn traditionally because it needs strength and [she points at her backside] you've got the CANNONBALL!"

Question - The cannonball - Was she referring to glutes?