will we hear from boarding house for hammond

mumof6

may seem like a strange question but i have heard back from mds award regarding fees uniform etc heard from stardust but not heard a thing about boarding. i know my dd was a late acceptance and maybe im a bit impatient as trying to get organised which im not good at.

thankyou i have just rang and they have got her down as boarding she checked everything for me so i feel alot better now. she went through everything in the mds award with me too very helpful. I think i was just starting to panic thinking its only next month she goes and i dont really know much, im sure this will not be my only panic lol

• Like 2

We have not heard about mds either but we are W too! I was emailed a question for clarification about a fortnight ago (can any of us say that out older children ever stop bring dependant...?!!) but no news on how much to pay yet.

If you are sewing name tapes into the socks you could pinch them into a loop and sew the ends, leaving room for stretch.(or you could buy 10 cheap pairs and write on with laundry pen and be prepared to buy another 10 at half term!!)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, we heard yesterday re MDS contribution and we are a "W" . Thanks very much to those amongst you who let me know via text. Sorry can't seem to reply as on hols & reception a nightmare !! ( Nice problem to have so definitely not complaining :) )

Just a quick question ...... does anyone know what socks the boys wear for modern/jazz/tap ....... my DS has always worn black socks for tap & bare-feet for jazz/modern .......the uniform list doesn't seem to mention anything ?

Can't believe how quickly the weeks are passing, luckily my DS seems to be really looking forward to it and very excited with only a little bit of nervousness thrown in .

• Like 1

No, it's just my dd hates wooly tights as they don't fit her properly. (Small feet long legs) She started a trend at her primary school when she refused to wear them & we found opaque ones in John Lewis but they only went up to age 11-12.

She thinks opaque tight look more grown up.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight

Hi, My DD and all her friends seem to mainly wear socks. She has woolly and opaque tights but has only used them a few times in winter.

If boarding, sew in labels are best. Writing in them is next to useless, there is always a big pile of grey socks at the boarding house, belonging to people who don't sew them in. The only non sew labels that seem to work are the clothing tattoos from an Australian company I think they are called stuck on you. They work well on ballet socks ( but iron them on the underside ) as I caused my child great embarrassment by ironing them where they can be seen. hehe. They have to take their shoes off for assembly. Well at least she hasn't misplaced many! They keep finding their way back. I do just sew them in the top now as Karen describes. I use sew in labels for nearly everything. You can machine sew them into most things, for a permanent and fast alternative to hand sewing.

• Like 1