Associate classes comparison

Noobag06

I did Central Associates maybe 10 years ago and loved it.

My brother did both LJB/LSB and Central, I think it depends on the teacher you have. I had some wonderful teachers at Central but my brother did not like his teacher so much and got on much better at LJB/LSB. However my sister did LJB and hated it, she did not like the discipline! I think it's personal preference, each dancer needs a teacher they can work well with and I guess you can't find out until you try.

At Central we did a range of classes, Contemporary, Rep, Pilates etc, I am not sure if LJB/LSB does this as well?

Maybe audition for both and see what happens/which one feels better...

• Like 1

I did Central Associates maybe 10 years ago and loved it.

My brother did both LJB/LSB and Central, I think it depends on the teacher you have. I had some wonderful teachers at Central but my brother did not like his teacher so much and got on much better at LJB/LSB. However my sister did LJB and hated it, she did not like the discipline! I think it's personal preference, each dancer needs a teacher they can work well with and I guess you can't find out until you try.

At Central we did a range of classes, Contemporary, Rep, Pilates etc, I am not sure if LJB/LSB does this as well?

Maybe audition for both and see what happens/which one feels better...

LJB do Pilates and rep with thier ballet and LSB do ballet and also Pilates and pointe work and contemporary (with a few of the older juniors doing pointe as well) so both schemes do a range of classes yes- hope that helps ????

Ljb/Lsb is a associate programme taking a dancer from 9 to 19 years and at all levels it is a full on programme. There are some junior associates programmes that only do every other Saturday etc. The seniors and graduates programme is intense and involves a lot more class time than any other weekend associates that I know of. So if you are looking for a associate programme that is demanding then this may be the right one for you.

The only issue is that if LJB Sunday classes clash with LCB rehearsals so you need to hold a conversation with the principal in regards to this.

• Like 1

Since LJB/SLB changed from Saturdays to Sundays a few years ago, do many of the dancers do more than one Associate scheme, e.g. Royal or Central on Saturdays and LJB/SLB on Sundays?  On the other thread about LJB teaching faculty someone has posted that 3 pupils from LJB are going to WL in September,  I just wondered if they are also Royal JAs.

• Like 1

DD1 has progressed really well in her first year as an Associate at Central. The only disappointment is that Rebecca Howell is leaving to take up a full time post at RBS as she was fantastic. I'm sure the replacement teacher will be of high quality although not sure who it will be yet.

• Like 1

My dd attended both lsb and central associates at one point, as did a few others. Both excellent sets of classes, my view is that the lsb ballet classes have a particular rigour and focus. Central associates good ballet classes really good contemporary and character was amazing. Both associates to be recommended and either would help a dancer to progress. Perhaps more generally friendly atmosphere at central.

• Like 2