Cecchetti associates audition experience.

ponklemum

My dd will be unable to attend the actual associates auditions in Newport due to other commitments however they were very kind to allow her to join in an associates class on the 5th and use that as an audition.  I am so proud of my dd.  Not only did she go to a new area (2 hours away from home), but she joined in an established class knowing absolutely no one even through the children knew each other.  On top of this, that class happened to be one that parents could watch so not only did she go to a new place, in a class where she knew no one but she did the entire class in front all the parents of the children attending too.  Unfortunately I was unable to stay and watch as I had my other children with me but I did catch a little of the Russian style dance at the end and dd looked like she was having so much fun.  They performed the Russian dance in groups of 3 at the end and she got up and did it with such a sparkle in her eyes.  

Dd came out so excited after the class and told me animatedly about everything.  She was even excited about the one correction she had in the ballet section.   She loves ballet but this was a new excitedness.  Regardless of whether she's made it or not, she has had the best experience and loved every minute of it and I am so proud of her for even doing it.  

• Like 9

Sounds like she had a wonderful experience.

I know what you mean about a new excitedness, my dd recently attended a ballet workshop which was completely different to anything she has done before and was so full of it for the rest of the week.

Good luck to your dd x

Thank you.  My dd is only 8 and this is the first thing like this that she's ever done.  

It's wonderful that these opportunities are available for our dc's.  It gives them such an experience and a chance to meet other like minded children. 

• Like 3

Both my Dds are cecchetti associates. It is a very friendly scheme and my dcs have developed due to it

That's brilliant to hear. Everyone we met was very friendly, (staff, children and parents) which made a big impact of both me and dd. We're still awaiting a letter but with the yearly dance show then the drama show to prepare for, dd is completely occupied.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is the first year any of my students have applied for the Cecchetti scheme and I just wondered how it compared to the bbo scheme MIDAS Graham Fletcher or Moorland? One of my students has had a few offers and needs to narrow it down ?

My dd has done both BBO Scholars and Northern Cecchetti Associates. She enjoyed both. She felt the BBO Scholars Ballet was much better if ballet is your thing as the standard was higher and it was all ballet. The Northern Associates is part ballet part other genres on a rotating basis. As far as I know from friends the BBO Jazz Scholars is also rotating genres. The classes at Northern Associates are also a lot larger than the BBO Ballet Scholar Classes. (Think the BBO Jazz Class is a bit bigger.) My hunch would be that BBO Scholars Jazz may be a higher standard than the Northern Associates non ballet bit as well but that is a hunch only.

Should also add we have a friend who has also been to both schemes who enjoyed Northern Associates more - she is slightly less ballet obsessed I think but has wide experience of different schemes.

For younger children (I think BBO Jazz Scholars starts around age 13 whereas ballet is age 8 or so I think) wanting ballet and other genres Northern Associates would be the best choice.

Edited by sarahw

Hi Ponklemum,

It should be within the week. Last associate class is Sunday and current associates find out on this day

Thank you. I'm getting really nervous for her now. For the last 5 days she's asked me daily if I've heard anything.

It will probably be weekend I would think. Waiting is the hardest thing. Good luck

Thank you.  I'm hoping to get something in the mail tomorrow.  My dd is on tenterhooks waiting for the letter to come back bless her.

We've just got home to the letter.  Dd has been accepted as a Junior Associate.  She is absolutely ecstatic and can't wait until it starts and to order the leotard for it.  One very happy mum here.

Lovely news! Congratulations to your dd. :-)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

When my dd went 2 years ago it was a ballet class for the audition. I think each class of Associates has around 30 in and you have to re-audition each year. There are 3 age groups and if I remember correctly there's crossover in ages between the intermediate and senior groups. 

• Like 1

My daughter attended for 7 or 8 years this will be the first year she's not going (due to moving on to full time training). The Audition is a normal ballet class and there are a number of auditions throughout the day. Quite a number Audition and they take about 30 (I think) in each of juniors, middles and seniors. These are split mostly by age but they do take ability into account. Every child has to audition every year and they don't automatically get a place because they've attended the previous year. My daughter loved it and learned a lot, once there they do a ballet class each time and a second subject which includes jazz, contemporary, musical theatre, flamenco etc. They have some excellent teachers each time too.

Good luck to your dd for her audition.