Value for money - thoughts after CBA audition

new123

They have sent no's out too ???? I didn't receive letter but I emailed and said friends have received letter could they put me out of my misery & confirm one way or the other.. She did say i'd get it in writing tomorrow as they sent 2nd class .. One of my friends lives 2.5 miles away & she got hers today ..

• Like 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, we received a lovely 'no' letter this morning. DD auditioned for Group 5 and the letter states that she might be ready at next opportunity and acknowledges her dancing was of a good standard. She wants to audition next time anyway but was wondering if this is a standard 'no' letter? Many thanks and congratulations to all the yeses!! ????

Congratulations to everyone with a yes and I'm sorry to those who received a not this time...

I would strongly recommend trying again if your DC enjoyed it, my dd auditioned just last November and received a bog standard no, she wanted to try again and so went back to her studio and continued to work hard but with a goal in mind and cried this morning when she received her letter offering her a place. A lot can happen between auditions, the children all change and improve at different rates and I'm a strong believer that the audition process itself has a lot to teach the children. Ballet love ????

• Like 9

We had a no letter today which thankfully DD isn't worried about the rejection as she already has an offer from her preferred associate programme. Reading through this post it sounds like there are different "no" responses. Can anyone clarify if the below is a bog standard reply or not? DDs letter says:

"Unfortunately we are unable to offer you a place at this time. It was very difficult to come to this decision and we would like to acknowledge that your dancing was of a good standard. It is for this reason that worth further training you might be ready at the next opportunity and would therefor like to recommend that you train hard and consider re-auditioning in the near future. Key areas of focus should be correct posture, alignment, detailed footwork and flexibility."

Well done to all with "yes" letters today! ????

• Like 1

Twinkles mum. My dd is a elmhurst associate and a Cba, my dd had that very letter the first time she auditioned, I then rang Tring to see what the letter meant, and they said they were very much interested in my dd and just thought a little bit more training and then she would be ready for the Cba course, but they thought she was not quite ready at that time! I would say doing both course now for 3 year Tring is good cause it really pushes all the kids there to there own ability, and elmhurst is good cause it concentrates on technique but does not push the kids, they do things in the class for there age, but both courses are excellent and would recommend both and with all the excellent training my dd was lucky to get a funded place at a full time school to start in September xx don't give up try again xx

• Like 3

Twinkles mum. My dd is a elmhurst associate and a Cba, my dd had that very letter the first time she auditioned, I then rang Tring to see what the letter meant, and they said they were very much interested in my dd and just thought a little bit more training and then she would be ready for the Cba course, but they thought she was not quite ready at that time! I would say doing both course now for 3 year Tring is good cause it really pushes all the kids there to there own ability, and elmhurst is good cause it concentrates on technique but does not push the kids, they do things in the class for there age, but both courses are excellent and would recommend both and with all the excellent training my dd was lucky to get a funded place at a full time school to start in September xx don't give up try again xx

Thanks for the responses about letters. Very interesting to hear your take on the different approaches that each associate course offers balletmum20. We'll get going with Elmhurst in Sept and see whether we have the time or money to consider another course along side it next year!! ????

Does anyone know how they work it as both my dd's have been put in group 1 - youngest being just 8 & other daughter 10 in August... ?

As far as I understand it (my dd did CBA for 4 years) the groups are not split into academic year groups, and students aren't moved up to the next group every year, but only when they are ready and have passed the appraisals. So some will stay in the same group for one year, others two, and you will find that there are students of different ages in each group. They take from age 8-18 (I think) and as there are only 6 groups there will be an age overlap.

To give you an idea, the last group my dd was in (group 6) had students between ages 14-18 in it.

Hope this helps :)

Hello - does anyone know of any 7 year olds in group one?  My daughter is only just 7 and just received a "no", but with the same letter that some others received, which said that her dancing was of a "good standard" and that with further training she might be ready at the next opportunity etc..  I'm just wondering whether it's worth her trying again in November, or whether she would be better waiting until next May?