Living at The Hammond

Ballet4Boyz

Hi sorry change of subject - in a panic!! Bought 'non iron' m&s blouses, washed them, hung up and guess what - to me they need ironing! Or am I just being too fussy!! How are they washed in school, are they tumble dried and come out better?? Haven't got tumble drier so don't know how they come out!! Any feedback greatly received please. Thanks

Edited by Dancing unicorn

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the subject yet again .... DS has returned home slightly early from Tring SS due to a high temperature & feeling awful. He absolutely loved the SS & felt he learnt a lot. He has however had his first major wobble about leaving home & attending Hammond full time. Quite a few tears & feeling anxious about being away from us - especially when feeling unwell as he does at the moment. This is the first time we've had tears as up until now he's been very excited & looking forward to it. We're putting it down to him feeling exhausted from SS and unwell at the same time along with the leaving date looming. I was just wondering if other DC were feeling a bit the same way. I'm sure/hope this is normal ????

I'm sure this is normal. When anyone is ill they can't cope with the usual things. I would be positive with him and explain the above. Once he is better have a chat about how he will cope if ill at Hammond. The boarding staff were very impressive at the induction day - I'm sure they would be great with a sick child. It's a nervy time for all new boarders and parents - us included!

Thanks Sarah .... it's the first time he's had to withdraw from classes as he felt just too poorly to continue. He normally dances through when slightly under par - so I think he's just feeling really bad . Everything seems magnified when unwell so will have a chat with him when he feels better. It's easy to think how wonderful it is to attend a school like Hammond ...... and as parents we feel so pleased he's been given this opportunity - but it's still a very daunting step for them at this age .

He's a bit perkier now - amazing what a little ibuprofen can do !!! :)

Thanks pictures ..... think it's tonsillitis, no doubt a big part of his mini meltdown earlier today. I'd rather him feel poorly now than the start of term though.

I agree - the late nights & tough days at SS leave him jaded at the best of times despite me warning him to pace himself.... Hopefully he'll be back to full form for the 7th !! :)

Tonsillitus makes you feel bad on its own without all the other stuff - my DD is up and down at the moment - its dad that's getting very teary as the date is looming - I'm keeping calm and labelling on ! ! hope he's better soon Ballet4Boyz

• Like 2

Thanks Ellen & Pictures :)

I'm strangely calm at the moment but think that's because I'm in a labelling frenzy !! DH remarked that he's wary of standing still in case he gets a label slapped on his forehead !! Haha

DH is a little down I've noticed.

Hopefully once all our DC have settled & made friends, I'm sure their anxieties will pass & us parents can breathe a sigh of relief :)

• Like 3

i hope your sons feeling better soon, tonsillitis not nice at all. I have not labelled anything yet i have them in the drawer, i am still awaiting my dd uniform i think it will become real when that arrives. i opened a bank account for her so if she needs money i can transfer her some for when they shopping etc. i think i have managed to cover everything else ie boarding wise, she is still so excited her only wobble has been if the girl she made friends with at the auditions is going to be there or not. as she never went to the induction day she doesnt have a clue who will be there or not, thats been her biggest worry.

• Like 1

Hi all, I'm sure I've read somewhere on a thread about parking at The Hammond - and it's possible to park around the back of the school ? My DH has been asking where the access to this is - I've searched several threads & can't find where I read it. Can anyone shed any light on this - as we always seem to struggle parking up when visiting.

Thanks

Yeah - I seem to remember someone mentioning it earlier when there was talk about how difficult it is to park when unloading a term's worth of possessions. There is a small amount of parking behind Hampton Lodge, up a tiny little back street. We've never had any difficulty parking at the school itself. On big occasions there's usually someone directing people to park on the grass.