Ballet4Boyz

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Balletdream said:

Hi, 

i have 1 ticket for Sat 14.07.18  show at The Hammond  unfortunately someone can’t come due to exam commitments . It is a full price ticket . 

Many thanks 

They have refunded for me in past on old system - don't know how much control they have over new.

You could put on Sale pages here. It will be snapped up at some stage..

4 hours ago, sarahw said:

They have refunded for me in past on old system - don't know how much control they have over new.

You could put on Sale pages here. It will be snapped up at some stage..

Hi , 

thanks I may call and ask if they do refunds ?? You can only ask . 

Thank you 

• 1 month later...

Hi my dd is due to start at Hammond Sept as a yr 8. She's been speaking/mesaging  some of the current yr7 girls. We are unable to attend the show this week but she wants to send a card to the girls. Are they boarding  at Clovelly? Does anyone know which boarding house they will be in next year also. 

Can I just say to current parents of girls (and boys) how amazing the kids are. They've all been in touch and made her feel at ease about starting. 

• Like 3

Just thought I would post about the Hammond show tonight. Yet again an outstanding performance by all of the Hammond School pupils.

From Mr Needhams spectacular tap routines, to the settings, choreography and stunning costumes. But my favourite has to be Miss Brockway’s yr11 ballet in memory of Errol Pickford, a fitting tribute to a wonderful friend and teacher - it was simply beautiful 💙💙

• Like 1

I'm watching tomorrow.  Dd isn't in the Year 11 ballet so for us its a difficult end to the last five years, not what we would have wanted really.  Got a lot of hard thinking to do over the holidays.

On a different note, I haven't  had any communication about collecting their stuff from the boarding house.  What time do we have to be there by?

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Picturesinthefirelight said:

She asked to be taken out of the piece for her own safety and that of those around her.

What the heck? Oh just realised that she asked!

sorry to hear she isn’t in it. She deserves her place as much as any 😌

Edited by angel
  • Like 1

The choreography was too difficult for her.  She can't perform it safely without risk of injury.  A combination of lots of missed classes during GCSE's, a general loss of fitness and the choreography being almost entirely made up of her specific weaknesses are some of the reasons and have led to a general loss of confidence.

Edited by Picturesinthefirelight
  • Like 1

Hi apologies for going slightly off topic.

Can anyone tell me about the standard of year 11 ballet?

My daughter has this school on her list to audition for next year (for year 12 entry 2019). She's in a difficult situation because her strength is in jazz but her passion is in ballet so she wants a school / college to incorporate both. 

I'm wondering if the ballet might be a bit beyond her and it would be a waste of an audition. (she is still mainly dancing in flats and her basic technique is good. She does do pointe work but it is difficult for her). 

Thanks x

• Like 1

Bethany

Hammond may be an ideal 6th form for your dd. Because they cover all types of dance there isn't such a high requirement of ballet as some other places. Other possibilities Northern Ballet School?? KS Dance?? Or there are lots of musical theatre courses if that's of interest.

There are lots of US threads on here which would be worth reading.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks very much Sarah. It’s all so confusing! She has a list so I will see if those are on it (I think northern ballet is) - I’ve said we need to narrow it down over the summer holidays so we can make a plan x 

On 15/07/2018 at 19:24, meadowblythe said:

Bethany, 

Might be worth a look at Chantry Dance too, they offer a very wide syllabus.

Sorry only just seen this. Thanks very much for the suggestion x