Ballet4Boyz

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Oh gosh - trying to think back !!

I remember it was a slightly different day depending on your child’s year of entry !

I’m sure when our DS attended (for yr7 entry) ..... they had a ballet class as a group and did other activities in their year group. It might have changed now though !! Parents had a talk, tour and were then asked to return later that day to collect their child and sort uniform out . We then were free to leave. I remember it being a ridiculously hot day and trying uniforms on was very hot & busy ... Becky & her team are very helpful & well organised though ..... so that makes the process less painful. 

They won’t have enough stock & sizes to suit everyone - but you can order what’s needed on the day. 

We found it really beneficial to actually visit Becky’s shop in Lichfield during the Summer holidays - to collect everything & make sure it fitted. This is great for those of us who don’t live too far away . For those that live further afield ..... Becky delivers items to school & sometimes individual boarding houses, she also attends school once a week with uniforms ordered. Once you know your child’s size in everything  - you can order items by email to Becky, who then takes it directly to school. Any items that require payment - you can do over the phone !!

😊

Last years induction day was as described above. Brief introduction in the theatre and kids find out which class they're in, brief run down on rules etc. Parents free to leave then. Yr 7 students spent day in school but rest of yr groups went to boarding houses for activities. We all met back up at school late afternoon with  chance to meet form tutors. Stardust was there for uniform but it was crazy, I just ordered via email instead.

Thanks everyone, so it sounds like there's a bit either end of the day for parents with the rest just being for the children. 

We've been into Stardust and organised most of the uniform already as we were in Birmingham at Easter. What she didn't have in the shop, she's measured up for which for us is just the Blazer. DS is all limbs so she said she'd have fun with that 😂 Becky and her colleague were really lovely, very helpful and DS certainly charmed them! 

• 1 month later...