Living at The Hammond

Ballet4Boyz

We're the odd ones out then- the younger sibling is delighted that dd is boarding ??????

And I haven't missed her too much apart from the 1st 4 weeks which were hard. Maybe I'm hard faced or maybe it's because she seems to be in the right place..... And speaking selfishly our mileage has gone down and I have a bit more time for me!!!

• Like 7

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballet4boyz I think the parental side of things is probably easier when your child leaves at 14 rather than 11..... You've had more years of them being desperate to go and I think more confidence that they can fend for them self a bit.....

Edited by sarahw
  • Like 3

my dd has absolutely loved her 1st year at the hammond, its one of her brothers that misses her the most hes 7 and he always gets into her bed at a night. both young boys still sleep with one her her teddys, they have got used to it and coped better than me they dont cry anymore when she goes back i still do after i have brought her back after half term but then again i drop my 20 year old off at same time to get train from chester back to leciester to his dance academy. I think  the house mothers have really helped and its nice to know that they really do know your child. Seeing them in shows has really helped and you can see that they are in the right place for them.

• Like 5

To all those going to Induction Day at The Hammond tomorrow have a fabulous day. It's truly an amazing school. All the staff, academic, admin and dance are fabulous dedicated people. The Boarding houses are fab friendly places and more like a home than a boarding house and the children are well looked after. Our dd is so happy here.

Enjoy and Good luck for September.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from watching the Gala performance this evening. It is absolutely phanominal. The music, the dancing, singing, acting, choreography and costumes absolutely superb. Well done The Hammond in your Centenary production a fitting celebration of a fantastic school. Can't wait to watch again. 

• Like 11

I watched the show last night.  It really was a mixture of all that is great about the Hammond school.  I much preferred it to the usual dancers show (although there was a great deal of dancing in it).

Very proud of my DD but also really enjoyed seeing all the young people I've watched develop over the last four years.  End of an era for us.

Well done the teaching staff!

• Like 7

Really good show last night. I loved the way the first half especially told the story of the development of The Hammond over the past 100 years. Some very clever ideas in the choreography and storytelling. As usual, much talent on display across all year groups. Can't wait to watch again tonight and tomorrow! 

• Like 3

Absolutly loved the show it was spectacular and DS thoroughly enjoyed performing in it. What a first year it's been! We have gone from tears about leaving home to having tears about leaving his new found school family for the summer. The Hammond staff have been so amazing and supportive this year, we couldn't be happier ? 

• Like 5

Truly blown away by the centenary gala production. I had high expectations but the exceptionally high standard of all the students totally surpassed them. Wow - amazing energy, choreography, costumes, music, staging & sheer talent !! 

Our DS loved every minute - a wonderful way to end his first year.

Congratulations to everyone in the cast, crew & teaching staff . ??????

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thankyou so much for your replies Dancing unicorn and Karen, very helpful. I'm sure my daughter will love the school, I've only heard good things. She is only worried about making friends as she's going into year 8 so thinks that friendships will already be formed but I'm sure she'll fit in just fine.

• Like 4