Living at The Hammond

Ballet4Boyz

Nearest is Travel Lodge (walking distance) but have no idea if it's an ok one. Have had good stays at Doubletrees, also v close, but it can be pricey if you don't get a deal. Several premier inns a short drive away and anything you find in Hoole is about 10 mins in the car. Good luck!

• Like 1

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Travelodge near the school - ok - but not great. Unless it has been refurbished in the past year it is rather 'tired' although location is good.

There are plenty of b&bs on hoole road in chester. Family and friends have stayed at The Bowman and Bawn Lodge and have been happy enough to go back again.  If you want accommodation for Chester you do generally need to book well in advance though.

• Like 1

Hi, my daughter attended Hammond yesterday for her audition. She absolutely loved it! I just want to say what a thoughtful bunch the current year 7s are. My daughter was over the moon to see little good luck messages written throughout the boarding house for those auditioning yesterday. It was such a little thing but it definitely made her feel more relaxed about the whole experience.

• Like 4

does anyone elses child keep being ill, this is the 4th time i have had to pick my daughter up being sick with headache, she has never been so poorly shes never normally off last time was only 2 weeks ago. do you think this could be a sign of homesickness she says its not and shes happy just wondered if anyone else has experienced same

There has been an awful virus going round that is taking ages to shake off.  I have heard of several participants in a recent workshop that happened over Christmas and all came down with the virus (nausea, blinding headache, bronchial cough). I know of several boarding and day students at vocational schools who have all been ill.

There have also been several of my work colleagues off with it and it seems to keep re-occurring.

she has had a sleep and seems alot better and is now eating lunch, i think it could be overtiredness and she is not eating breakfast, i have told her she needs to keep her strength up so breakfast is a must she has never liked eating breakfast and she used to go to bed at 8pm last year so that extra hour and alot more dancing could be the cause just getting her body used to it, thankyou all. the boarding staff said they have had a few bouts of illness and they dont usually catch things either so its been a bad batch of illnesses.

My DD is yr 7 at Hammond, she was a little off around assessment time in November but realised it was because she wasn't drinking enough. That could be something to do with it , they work so hard in a day that sometimes they forget to keep drinking. Also DD is a bit obsessed with her hand sanitizer and each EXEAT she takes another bottle back with her , and buys more when they go on their shopping trips ???? Hope she feels better soon mumof6

.........yes my DS is a little obsessed with his hand sanitizer too !!! Lol ....... we worry about DS re fluid intake as well. We stress the importance of it to him & hope he takes it on-board. I think sometimes at their age they think they're bionic !! :)

Does anyone know when we're likely to receive their dance assessment results ?

Does anyone know when we're likely to receive their dance assessment results ?

I think the email said in January, but not specific. The yr 11s who are auditioning for senior entry have their audition on Monday, so it would be helpful to them to have the assessment feedback before the day, but not much time left now.

• Like 1

My DD said to me last night on the phone that they are giving the year 7 assessments out at the parents evening next Friday. I don't know if this is true or she's just heard part of an conversation and put two and two together.x

Edited by BalletAims

i think she definately not drinking enough she uses her hand sanitiser alot aswell i asked her, my dd onlymanaged to do her ballet assesment so far as she missed the others due to illness so i'm not sure what feed back ill get on others. im looking forward to the parents evening though to see how she is getting on, i know from her she loves it but interesting to see what teachers think.

​Hi all thanks so much. still cant believe how fast results were two days.

Still in complete shock. how do your DC find the boarding. I know it looks old and not as some my expect. but I thought it was homely and very friendly. witch is far more important then brand new accommadation. the boarding staff were lovely.

• Like 1

We have experience of 2 lots of boarding and Hammond is by far the best! The happy relaxed nature of the matrons rubs off on the children and it makes for happy, relaxed and cared for children which in turn makes for happy, relaxed and content parents at home! Believe me there is nothing worse than a worried parent miles away from their child! We have none of this now. We are more than happy with the boarding and with the school.

My daughter also received an offer of a place following Mondays audition. What happens now with regards to funding? Do I just return all the forms and they let us know what they can offer? Or will she need to seen again like the other schools for final auditions? Been such a hectic day as we've travelled five hours straight after school for her tring audition.

Hi Sarah2203 my DD is yr7 currently, there will be a final audition and that's when the funding is decided. Fill all the forms in and return them . A huge well done to your DD I'm sure if you come to Hammond she will love it as my DD has xx

• Like 1