Hammond uniform

straceydor

At my dd's local school the uniform is t shirt ,shorts and tracksuit for PE but they never wear the shorts or the track suit top. My question is for Hammond year 9 do they wear all the uniform on the uniform list or just some and which bits?

they wear the tracksuit every day over the top of their leotards. If they have ballet class first lesson of the day (which happens twice a week for the current year 9) then they go to school in their tracksuit & chsnge into academic uniform later.

They are not allowed to walk around school/go into the refectory in their leotards & tights so the tracksuit has to be worn then too & on Saturdays. An exception to wearing the Trackie top has occasionally been made on exceptionally hot days.

None of them ever seem to wear the coat, even in the snow! They rebel against wearing it by claiming to loose it. Ditto the scarf.

Dancers don't need PE kit & the dance tracksuit is different than the drama/PE tracksuit.

• Like 4

My dd started at The Hammond last September and there were no shorts mentioned on the uniform list. I bought her the outdoor coat but she has never worn it so that was a complete waste of money! If your dd is joining in September you should receive the full pack with uniform requirements very soon. We ordered/bought most of ours at the Induction day.

Edited by Eowyn
  • Like 1

The black shorts are pretty much only needed for production aren't they Pictures? 

Angel, we don't have black shorts as they weren't on the list last year, do they need for production this year do you know? :)

Angel, we don't have black shorts as they weren't on the list last year, do they need for production this year do you know? :)

Like Pictures said, they need them for under costumes, if they have to wear a skirt etc.  The last two years they have  :)

None of them ever seem to wear the coat, even in the snow! They rebel against wearing it by claiming to loose it. Ditto the scarf.

They were all told they had to wear the coat to go to Carol Concert in Cathedral this year....I think it is pretty much the only time my DD has worn hers! Its quite a good practical & well made coat & reasonable price (think small size was around £29)

On the whole the uniform is very reasonable - way cheaper (& more machine washable :) ) than many of the other voc schools kit!

Have thought when I am old (er) & grey(er) I'll make the unused scarf into a cushion to remind her of her time at Hammond!! Well, just a thought to join long long list of craft ideas I never actually do    :lol:

• Like 7

We've never had black shorts for production, but have had a flesh coloured body in the past. Your Dd will shout if she needs it, I'm sure. There's also a lot of lending and borrowing going on too!

• Like 1

That went well for my dd.

She took it into school on the day of the Carol concert (which if you remember in contrast to previous years was a really warm day) & promptly left it in school over the Xmas holidays. It never made the cathedral!

I was going to comment on that!! The year before they all stood outside in the snow, freezing!

......so if the children have ballet first thing & arrive at school with leotards etc under their track suits - I take it , they have to be organised enough to take their academic uniform with them to change into afterwards. Have visions of my DS only having one shoe, no tie, odd sock, no pants and maybe a blazer if he's lucky !!! ...... and then there will be school books etc to remember - heavens above...... He's not the most organised !!????

Think he will have to learn ....... and quickly !!

• Like 3

Yes, dd is the child who had to spend the entire academic day in her tracksuit because she forgot her academic uniform. Or gone to school in trainers because she left her school shoes behind after dance. Or spent the day in bare legs after losing/forgetting her socks.

shes a typically unorganised aspie (but she is getting a bit better after 3 years)

And the state of their bags is quite something! Screwed up blazer & tie twisted round ballet tights & pointe shoes! A lesson in folding to an 11 year old will always fall on deaf ears I fear....& probably quite right! They need to find their own messy jumbled way to get by & do all help one another out with loaning stuff if something missing!!! I hope tidiness & care will just gradually happen....ever hopeful!

• Like 3

......so if the children have ballet first thing & arrive at school with leotards etc under their track suits - I take it , they have to be organised enough to take their academic uniform with them to change into afterwards. Have visions of my DS only having one shoe, no tie, odd sock, no pants and maybe a blazer if he's lucky !!! ...... and then there will be school books etc to remember - heavens above...... He's not the most organised !!

Think he will have to learn ....... and quickly !!

He will :D 

Get him to pack his own dance bag now (and see that there are consequences).  That said, I left my DD's entire bag for JA's on the train one day.  Had to borrow a leotard and dance in bare feet.  She never let me do that again  :P

• Like 1