Dance Nutrition - Which book is best?

Piccolo

Do any of you better informed people know which is the best dance nutrition book to invest in at the moment? Dd is 13 and wants to know more about nutrition. I thought a good dance nutrition book would help her. Thanks in advance!

'Nutrition for the Dancer' by Zerlina Mastin is really good. Lots of useful info, and there is a whole section on nutrition for the young dancer, as well as recipe and snack ideas. There is great emphasis on the importance of good nutrition and health whilst training. If you put her name into the search box on the forum, there are lots of references to this book, plus some other suggestions.

• Like 5

I agree with Frogsmum this is an excellent book. It is recommended reading at my eldest DD vocational upper school. I have found it extremely useful for myself also having (and continuing to) go through a major change in my own fitness, strength and lifestyle changes.

• Like 4

Yes, I would also strongly recommend Nutrition for the Dancer. Very well written and full of useful information. My 14 year old dd has had it for a couple of years and refers to it a lot. It has helped to give her a very positive approach to a healthy diet for a young dancer. She puts a lot of stuff on my shopping list because of that book!

• Like 1

Yes can highly recommend that book for younger dancers in particular.

For older dancers ( and non dancers) there is also a very good book by Dr Marilyn Glenville which has the title "Osteoporosis" How to Prevent Treat and Reverse it which is a really excellent book with in fact some crossover with the Zerlina Mastin book.

Though I can see the title may be off putting for some it really is full of useful information in connection with diet which is relevant for anyone who wishes to remain more highly active when older.

Thanks all for your ideas! I'll go with the majority vote and get her Zerlina Mastin's book. She's an instagrammer so I expect she'll enjoy health.on.pointe too. :-)

Hope your DD enjoys the book. I've read all the posts and ordered the book already :-)

• Like 1

Naturally Sassy book is popular in our house. Written by a British young dancer. Full of great recipes. Is meat, dairy, wheat free and very inventive and easy to follow. My DC love her smoothie bowls you eat with a spoon