Very stupid question about tights

Confuddled

My daughter is going to her first audition, and we've just had the details through. It says she needs tights (ideally 'transition dance tights'). I have no idea what these are! She's only ever worn socks.

I've done some googling, but wondered if anyone could recommend me a pair? Should be pink (I assume, her ballet shoes are pink) and fit a small 7yo (she's about 121cm). She can also be fussy about seams and how things feel...

I'd be so grateful for any suggestions.

Transition tights are simply tights that have a hole under the foot so that they can be rolled up and the children can go barefoot. Your local dance shop should have a range and be able to guide you on size

.https://www.dancedirect.com/uk/_children/dance-tights/plume-convert-seamless-tights

Capezio, Bloch, Plume -are just some the brands names.  The link shows you an example of what they look like.

• Like 1

What is the audition for?

Tights are aesthetically nicer for performances but often serious associate schemes like little ones in socks so they can see their legs working better.

Most girls detest socks especially as they get older as it causes problems with undewear, feeling exposed etc & can't wait to graduate to tights.

Some non RAD dance schools have everyone in tights & in the US it's very common too.

Good luck to your dd in her first audition. My dd will only wear Bloch Convertable tights (useful in auditions as she can roll them up if they need to look at her feet). We have tried lots of other brands but she has refused to wear them saying Bloch are the only ones which the seam is totally invisible doesn't create bumps under her leotard and isn't uncomfortable, she is very picky! Very frustrating if we need a pair in a hurry as I have to buy them online, but they aren't expensive and last a long time. Can't help on size, although they do run true to size for my dd, I think they come in small, medium, large child X

Edited by Snowflake

I've just ordered the Bloch ones, as 'picky' is a good description of how my daughter can be. So hopefully she will like how they feel. Thanks!

It's just a whole new world to me. Even the audition time slots aren't done in ages but in Seniors, Mids and Juniors and I don't know what those are! Luckily it doesn't matter as she is right at the bottom of the age range so she has to be a Junior - but I'd hate to google and then get it wrong.

• Like 1