Scottish Ballet Associates

mumtaxi

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and also to the world of ballet, so apologies if my questions are naïve! My DD is interested in auditioning for the Scottish Ballet Associates scheme - she would be going for Mid Associates.  I was just wondering if all Mid applicants are invited to audition, as they are for the juniors, or if they only invite those they would like to see more of?

This also leads to the question of how important is the quality of the photos they have asked for. The form asks for one headshot and one full length "in ballet uniform, facing forward with feet in parallel position, arms by sides."

Am I ok taking these myself, with the guidance of her teacher?

Huge thanks for any advice!

Hi mum taxi - I don't know anything about that particular scheme but all the ones I'm aware of ask all to audition. You are correct that photos taken with your teacher's guidance will be perfect. They are aide memories for the panel only. Hope that helps and good luck!!

• Like 1

Hi All, thanks for your help, it's really appreciated. Good luck to those auditioning - see you there?!

Totty - applications for mids and seniors are to be in by next Monday 09/05/16 so we'll get times after that I presume?

• 2 weeks later...

Haha thank you! I think it went quite well but everyone was of a fairly similar standard so it's quite hard to tell! There was a lot of people in my audition (35!) but we had the loveliest Peter Darrell studio! All of the scottish ballet dancer bags and shoes were strewn around the side which was kind of nice and reassuring to see, just made the whole experience a bit more personal in an odd sort of way! The class was taught fairly quickly but the individual combinations were very simple, only time for one excercise on pointe which really showed up some peoples weaknesses , results out the week of the 13th so good luck to everyone else too!

• Like 1

Hi,

Fingers crossed for everybody who auditioned over the weekend - a long wait now though!

My daughter seemed to enjoy herself at the audition. She was vey nervous beforehand but quickly realised all the other girls looked just as nervous so felt comforted by safety in numbers.

Difficult to say how everyone got on - she said there were 3 dancers in her group who were amazing, and she was initially worried by that. But they didn't have numbers on and also didn't do some sections, such as the splits and removing their shoes. Were they older girls (my daughter was auditioning for mids) to help show the way?

She came out elated and said she would do it all again, which is great. How many are chosen for each group, does anyone know? 

Well done to you all :rolleyes: