Hammond final

Lema

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Staceydor I can't imagine the letters arriving for a few days, assuming they all agreed and discussions weren't drawn out I'm sure they could have taken a few hours to settle on who's getting what, so then the office possibly didn't even get all the info till today and then they have to arrange all of the letters and relevant information and get it all ready for post, along with their usual days work, I'm thinking they may have been completed today ready for post tomorrow, then depending what class they are sent we may get the letter on Thursday or Friday. I obviously don't know for sure that this is how it will go but in my imagination this is how it will pan out lol :)

We also are awaiting results DD was there yesterday and really enjoyed her day so much , the dreaded wait is definitely the worst part . DD was just thankful she was able to dance again for The Hammond . Good luck everyone ????

• Like 2

Good luck to all of you.  Do remember though, this is only the first "waiting game" of many if you are successful.  It's really good training for the ups and downs of vocational school - so go out tomorrow morning and have a coffee with a friend - and try not to rugby tackle the postie if you see him - it's not his fault!

Also, do remind your dc's that even to be in a final is a major achievement as if you count up the number of dc's in all of the major 4 school finals - there aren't many!!!

• Like 3

Hi - just to let those of you waiting for Hammond results - I've just called the office and results may take upto the end of next week to reach everyone. Apparently one lady is dealing with all the letters and she's typing as fast as she can. Xx

Oh bless her !

• Like 1

i thought i would say hello i just found this forum my dd also auditioned monday and i wouldnt have had a clue of how or when they found out if it wasnt for here. She has thoroughly enjoyed her auditions at the hammond and made a lovely friend aswell. it took me a long time to agree to even let her audition to be honest i didnt think she would even get offered a place i never imagined she would have got through and i would be awaiting results of an mda award, I am so nervous about receiving the letter because if its a yes i will break down as i cant imagine her boarding and if its a no she will break down.

• Like 2

Hi mumof6 .....I'm new to this forum too this year & tbh it has helped me to stay sane & look at things from lots of different perspectives with regard to dance training & what's available out there. Everyone is so friendly, supportive & willing to help with their advice & depth of knowledge. I feel the same as you - if my DS was lucky enough to be given a place at the Hammond, a part of my heart would break a little, but the other part would be so overjoyed for him - the first thing he does after school is race towards me asking if there's any news !! No post again today, so the waiting continues xx

• Like 1

my eldest son is 19 and goes to addict in leciester but thats mainly commercial but i wasnt this nervous waiting for results of his auditions maybe its because he was older and not only 11, so this forum has already made me feel better seeing everyone elses comments. thankyou for the welcomes

• Like 1