JA Auditions

swanprincess

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have also had email about Totnes audition. I would imagine London emails will go out in the next batch either tomorrow or Tuesday, as London are the last auditions and the only ones after Totnes.

Newcastle JA Auditions are tomorrow! I think they are the first.

Feeling nervous - and not least because of my rubbish ballet hair skills for my DD! My older dancer is a boy, much easier hair  :)

Good Luck to everyone else who is going to be at Newcastle tomorrow!

Are you going to try JA plaits or a bun BoyOhBoy?? Best of luck :)

Ms Sunshine, I'm attempting the JA plaits having sought some expert advice (my previous attempts were disastrous!) as DD has way too much hair and the ballet bun just looks ridiculous on her small head! thanks for the good wishes!

• Like 1

If there is a lot of hair in cross plaits you can divide each bunch into 4 instead of 3. Wrap and pin 1 section around each pony band and then plait the remaining 3 before crossing.

Didn't do this myself but friend with lots of hair did. It looked lovely.

• Like 3

Wishing all the children auditioning the very best of luck and a lovely day!

Just smiling to myself at the discussion about crossed plaits - DD used to wear her hair like this for ballet as a little girl and I do remember thinking that it would have been much easier to do if she had had less hair...so I am also wishing all the parents out there the best of luck with their hairdressing!

• Like 6

Well, my DD really enjoyed her audition at Newcastle today, and I was pretty pleased with myself for doing a passable hairdo!

It was busy, busy, busy at Newcastle! There were two audition sessions, we were in the second one which, I think, was just current Yr 3s auditioning for Yr 4 places. I think I counted 14 lovely children, boys and girls. I believe the early session was for Yr5 and 6 places, and looked to have around the same number of candidates.

The staff were lovely, my DD said the class flew by and all in all it was a super experience!

They told us it would be July before we hear which seems like a long way off, but I guess by then we'll have forgotten about it and a "no" we be an "oh well, it was a fun afternoon" and we won't be too distraught!

Hope everyone else had fun and good luck to everyone with auditions coming up at the other centres. 

• Like 9

My DD also had a great time today, she came out beaming so that's all I can ask for. She particularly enjoyed dancing to the piano! July seems like a long way off but she has already said she wants to audition next year if she doesn't get in.

Good luck to those auditioning over the next few weeks.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

My dd had a wonderful time at the year 6 auditions on Tuesday - it was her first audition for JAs and she went in looking rather nervous but came out so happy and joyful! Great experience, whatever the outcome. She says she'd love to try again next year, even if she never gets a place. Lovely teachers and judging panel too. Phew!  :)

• Like 1

I think that's what we'll become after my DD enjoyed it so much this time! A great experience all round, we thought! Good luck, anyway! I guess there's always that little chink of a chance.  ;)

• Like 1

Hi everyone, this is my first post!!

I'm interested to find out if anyone has had results for JA audition yet. My daughter auditioned and we were told July for the results but I spoke to other dance mums who said the results were sent out last week. Does everyone hear at the same time? Thanks