• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Full casts are now up for Anastasia. The choice is between Osipova with Watson, Soares, Arestis and Saundrs and Nunez and Bonelli as Kshessinskaya and partner; Cuthbertson with Whitehead, Kish, Mendizabel and Avis with Lamb and McRae as Kshessinskaya and partner ; Morera with Gartside, Hirano, McNally and Avis with Takada and Hay as Kshessinskaya and partner. The third cast is particularly interesting as far as the casting of the classical pas de deux is concerned.I wonder whether we shall see this pairing turn up again during the course of the season in other classical works?

Edited by FLOSS

I guess that means the first male listed is Rasputin? :( Guess this is what happens when you don't revive a work for a decade or so :(

Anastasia's husband in the last act, surely?

It's weird that first cast (Osipova, Watson, Soares, Arestis, Saunders,Nunez and Bonelli) has only 3 scheduled shows and the second cast of Cuthbertson&company has 4 shows.

Edited by eliamato

Full casts are now up for Anastasia. The choice is between Osipova with Watson, Soares, Arestis and Saundrs and Nunez and Bonelli as Kshessinskaya and partner; Cuthbertson with Whitehead, Kish, Mendizabel and Avis with Lamb and McRae as Kshessinskaya and partner ; Morera with Gartside, Hirano, McNally and Avis with Takada and Hay as Kshessinskaya and partner. The third cast is particularly interesting as far as the casting of the classical pas de deux is concerned.I wonder whether we shall see this pairing turn up again during the course of the season in other classical works?

Yanowsky not cast as the Tsarina....

Delighted that Hayward/Sambe get a Fille .... Only a tad sad that Naghdi, Stix-Brunnell or Ball don't fall somewhere in between as part of Fille's 13 performance sojourn.  

That said ... very happy that all of the aforementioned get a stab at the prime Nutcracker PDD.  

Edited by Bruce Wall

Delighted that Hayward/Sambe get a Fille .... Only a tad sad that Naghdi, Stix-Brunnell or Ball don't fall somewhere in between as part of Fille's 13 performance sojourn.  

That said ... very happy that all of the aforementioned get a stab at the prime Nutcracker PDD.  

Very sad that Yasmine Naghdi seems very little used (i could only see 'other cast' in new McGregor). Are you saying she has SPF in Nutcracker? There's nothing up for the casting for that on the website as yet...

Very sad that Yasmine Naghdi seems very little used (i could only see 'other cast' in new McGregor). Are you saying she has SPF in Nutcracker? There's nothing up for the casting for that on the website as yet...

Hi Dave, It was quoted on this site that a 'Friends' email it showed Naghdi and Ball having one principal Nutcracker to themselves.  I will do my utmost to be there ;) 

Hi Dave, It was quoted on this site that a 'Friends' email it showed Naghdi and Ball having one principal Nutcracker to themselves.  I will do my utmost to be there ;)

Me too!!

Think they also do the school matinee, which even if I put my shorts on, I doubt I'll convince anyone to give me a ticket...

• Like 5

Yep, first few performances' Nutcracker casting now up... as yet, with no new Claras, which is interesting.  Wonder if we'll have some new ones in the latter part of the run...

Edit: spoke too soon - a few more now added - Isabella Gasparini making a Clara debut.

Edited by RuthE
  • Like 1

Presumably Rasputin,Tsar and the leading revolutionary.

Click on an individual performance date and under "Performers" you'll see a proper cast list with the characters and dancers mapped side by side.

But then what are Soares, Kish and Hirano doing?

Okay, according to the casting as posted it *does* appear that they're doing Rasputin - but I find that very odd. Soares, maybe, but Kish? I might have expected to see him dancing Kschessinka's partner, but not Rasputin.

Vadim Muntagirov is scheduled for 3 x Fille & 3 x Nutcracker. But nothing in Anastasia or the McGregor mixed bill. Unless I'm missing something.

Does anyone know if he's involved with other projects elsewhere next Autumn? 

[Edited to add that should read 4 x Fille as capybara points out below]

Edited by Indigo

Vadim Muntagirov is scheduled for 3 x Fille & 3 x Nutcracker. But nothing in Anastasia or the McGregor mixed bill. Unless I'm missing something.

I could see him making a very fine First officer :) But then, as I've said elsewhere, the First officer has usually gone on to dance the Husband in Act III.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if he's involved with other projects elsewhere next Autumn? 

I don't know what lists people are looking at but the ROH page which comes up for me shows Muntagirov having 2 Filles with Morera  :) and 2 Filles with Nunez  :)

I don't know what lists people are looking at but the ROH page which comes up for me shows Muntagirov having 2 Filles with Morera  :) and 2 Filles with Nunez  :)

Excuse me while I go away and drool at the thought :) ...

• Like 4

Same here now! Thanks, capybara. Don't know whether the webpage has been altered since I looked or if I just missed it! 

[Edited to add earlier discussion in this thread indicates there was a casting typo with Morera & Zuchetti, so I can count after all. Phew!]

Edited by Indigo

I had been going to say that I couldn't see any reason why Chroma should be shared between RB and Ailey dancers - until I looked at the casting for the McGregor triple bill and wondered where Ed Watson, among others, was in Chroma. I suppose that if you do tend to use a similar core of dancers most of the time, then casting a triple bill of works by the same choreographer could prove tricky without overworking them all. Possibly something to note if a Scarlett triple bill is planned, too?

Somewhat surprised to see Salenko return for just three performances with McRae of Nutcracker (although that is the same number of performances in the Winter allotment such as has been given to Golding - who I assume is still a resident RB principal.  Perhaps he has other commitments.)  McRae will have been dancing with other skilled resident RB principals in the interim.  I wonder what the continued need - in this very specific regard - is felt to be filled by continuing to bring in a guest who has already performed so many of these assignments previously.      

MAX:  We must have been tying the same thought at the same time.   

Edited by Bruce Wall
  • Like 5

Feeling a little underwhelmed by the casting so far... It might just be because I'm not really interested in seeing the McGregor pieces or Nutcracker. Although I'm fairly excited by the Anastasia first cast. And Hayward/Sambé in Fille. Really hoping Naghdi/Ball are cast together more in future performances though.

Just noticed one of the Saturday matinees of Nutcracker starts at 5:30 which seems odd to me.

• Like 1

Really hoping Naghdi/Ball are cast together more in future performances though.

You and me both, Sylph....and many other people. Their chemistry and empathy is crystal clear for everyone to see, so let's hope management sees it too and doesn't let it dissipate from non-use...

• Like 6