Malvern Ballet Seminars Easter Course

Picturesinthefirelight

Message from Olivia Pickford (OPES/MTB amongst others)

It is with huge delight that I announce I am starting a new residential Annual Easter Course called Malvern Ballet Seminars.  Set in the beautiful school Malvern St James in Worcestershire.  We have an amazing faculty:

Samira Saidi (Director of English National Ballet School)

Fiona Brockway (Royal Ballet/Hammond School)

Alain Dubriel (Former Principal BRB/BRB Ballet Master)

Errol Pickford (Former Principal of Royal/Graduate teacher at Elmhurst)

I am also delighted to announce Sarah Lamb, Principal of the Royal Ballet will be Patron for MBS.

Dates : 29th March - 1st April 2016

Price - Not too bad!

Enquiries - malvernballetseminars@gmail.com

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

My daughter is absolutely gutted that we already have a holiday booked and paid for during these dates. 

• Like 2

Having a small smile at this one. Malvern St James is the product of a merger involving my old school, and the thought of anything as 'frivolous' as ballet happening in its once austerely academic hallowed halls is so odd as to be almost surreal!

[i don't mean that ballet IS frivolous, far from it. But early headmistresses, immortalised in a series of exceptionally severe portraits, would almost certainly have thought so!]

• Like 4

No you are right but we had friends with parents who taught there. I also knew people who attended there rather than the local state schools.Even though they only lived, as I did in one of the nearby villages they still boarded.

I didn't envy them! But I am jealous of any young dancers lucky enough to attend this Easter course in such lovely surroundings!

Sounds great. Dd is fortunate to have Fiona Brockway as her class ballet teacher and she is fabulous. Haven't had experience of the others' teaching, but have heard some very positive things. Hope we can find out more soon.

• 4 months later...

One of the places available is mine due to injury. Hope everyone going on the course has an amazing time. Really hoping I'll be back dancing in time for opes in the summer:(

My dd is going x how old are yours little one

Hi - my daughter is 14 and her friend 15 . They have both done a more general dance intensive before but never a ballet course ! It sounds like a lovely few days  and I expect they will learn from not just the teachers but from all the talented students around them :-)

How old is your daughter balletmum20 ?

• 2 weeks later...