English National Ballet School summer intensive 2016

CatherineRose

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter  has been accepted to attend ENB summer intensive 2016. We are lookig for shared accomodation. Could anyone give me some information? Thank you

Edited by Janet McNulty
Deleted name of student

Many thanks  but this  accommodation are only able to accept students over the age of 18 and my daugther is only 15 years.  Do you know if it is some homestay or residences for students  under 16 years nearby  the English ballet?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My DD would like to attend a good summer school this August (apart from her usual Ballet Cymru) but she decided she spends too much time away from home in her voc. school and doesn't won't to go to a residential SS anymore (so not Opes or YBSS as previously planned).

I understand ENBS SS is day time only?

Does anybody Remember what time classes started and finished every day? I understand they are held in school premises? There isn't much info on school website, just dates, fees and photos needed. I can't even find an application we need to send? Do I need to email them and ask for one?

How easy (or hard) it is to get a place? Reasonable or almost impossible like RBS SS? Any feedback from those who attended last year will be appreciated.

Edited to add that my DD would be in the younger group B.

Edited by Happymum

My DD would like to attend a good summer school this August (apart from her usual Ballet Cymru) but she decided she spends too much time away from home in her voc. school and doesn't won't to go to a residential SS anymore (so not Opes or YBSS as previously planned).

I understand ENBS SS is day time only?

Does anybody Remember what time classes started and finished every day? I understand they are held in school premises? There isn't much info on school website, just dates, fees and photos needed. I can't even find an application we need to send? Do I need to email them and ask for one?

How easy (or hard) it is to get a place? Reasonable or almost impossible like RBS SS? Any feedback from those who attended last year will be appreciated.

Edited to add that my DD would be in the younger group B.

Also worth looking at Ballet Boost in Pineapple? They do a day time only summer school. Lots of vocational students attended last year.

Is it just me? I've been looking on the ENBS website and can't find the application form for summer school although it says they are accepting applications now. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

No definitely not! The link is there for the audition workshop and the spring course (frustrating since its essentially the same application form if previous years anything to go by). I have emailed to ask for it - will report back when I hear something.

Thank you Mnemo, has to be in London though

Ballet Central School run a SS. 5 mins walk from Farringdon tube station.

They offer suggestions for accommodation, it's not a full residential SS like others. So there maybe potential to be a day pupil only  Maybe worth a look.