Little ballet pen pal?

Petalviolet

My DD (8- year 4) would really love to have a pen pal. She did write to another girl she met on holiday this summer but hasn't had a reply in ages so she has lots of fairy notepaper, stickers and even fairy sparkly dust (a treat for any unwitting recipient) to send, and no one to send it too.

I've been looking online and most pen pal schemes seem to be for older children or sponsorship programmes or by email or you have to pay or..dodgy.

Ideally she would love to write to a girl or a boy the same age (year 4) who is equally as mad about ballet, possibly another who does associates, from somewhere properly foreign and far away like Bristol...or....Southampton ...or Aberdeen.

Maybe as she doesn't have siblings another only child but that's not particularly important. She'd very happily write to a boy too especially if he were a fan of ninja warrior uk and believed in tooth fairy/Santa/Bigfoot/ability to fly unaided?

I'm not sure really but I thought I would take a chance and ask and perhaps there might be someone here who could think of a suitable child who would be perfect and could help them get in touch?

Any suggestions or if you have found a pen pal and have advice about how to go about it (safely!) that would be very welcome!

PV and little pv.

• Like 6

Hello Ms Sunshine! How exciting! You have but to ask...and Balletco delivers every time.

When I said exotic....! I have had to google Guernsey?

Please feel free to pm for a chat.

Please also feel free NOT to read any of my previous 340 posts on this forum..just need to emphasise I am not..actually.......mad.

• Like 11

My daughter is so excited to be a ballet buddy pen pal with your girl. I will PM you. By the way, Guernsey is next to Jersey in the Channel Islands which is holding this years Dance World Cup! (All very exciting.) My dd is also a budding actress and has a principal part in Les Miserables at Easter which 4000 tickets sold in 1 day! (Very exciting and has lots to talk about) She is hoping to be a ballet associate in September if luck goes our way plus we have an ocean between us and the main land x

• Like 4

I'm probably a bit old to be a convincing year 4 penpal, but if Little PV wanted an older bunhead to write to, I'd happily join in :D (when you're living in the middle of no where, an envelope with your name on it arriving on the windowsill of the student room can be the highlight of the week!! Lol!)

• Like 11

One of the sweetest letters I ever received was from a little girl who came to see the panto I was in - I was the Good Fairy! Her mother put it in a regular envelope of course, but when I opened it there was a little pink toy town envelope inside and the child had written Dear Fairy - I thought you were best. Please send me a photo! Love, Jane aged 5. My one and only fan letter! Of course not only did I send her a photo, but I also wrote her a special story. Her mother wrote back to thank me and to tell me that she was absolutely thrilled at receiving an answer as she hadn't really expected one. I still have that letter in my treasure chest!

• Like 9

That is such a sweet story! Who knows what became of that five year old...? She could have become a dancer herself? I love a letter. A proper letter.

I write to my grandmother every ten days or so as she's in a care home up North and never remembers my calls so I repeat self in letter and then when the letters are read to her she gets a little prompt but by the time I call again she's forgotten the letter and so it goes on....

• Like 4