Late Summer Schools

celb

Hi there . I shall be holding my summer school again for the 4 th year in West Yorkshire .

Last year we welcomed students from RBS , Elmhurst , Tring , Moorlands , Hammond , alongside non vocational .

Classical focus , with contemporary / jazz and optional vocals . Pas de deux , rep , and a performance on the Saturday .

We offer residential or day places and I believe we are the most reasonably priced .

Perhaps Harwel , SniffyMum , Yorkshire Pud or Kiwimum might like to add their thoughts about the quality of last year / previous year .

Or any other forum members whose DC attended .

This year will be week commencing 15 th or 22 nd August , - not sure which yet , until this week when I will post .

Meanwhile PM me if you wish

Tutuhirl

• Like 1

Oh yes, I can completely recommend tutugirls summer school. Ds had a wonderful time, great classes in ballet, contemporary, jazz and pas de deux. He also enjoyed the singing and tap though not compulsory. Very friendly summer school and a lovely show at the end.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is going to be a fantastic 3 day work shop for
Dedicated dancers:

From the Facebook page:

"Miss Fiona Harvey is a royal ballet JA teacher and it is her workshop she will be teaching and has teaching guests

Please get in touch with Fiona Harvey ballet through Facebook for more info places are limited

The venue is booked for my Summer Workshop! The Workshop will take place on 8th, 9th and 10th of August and is open to keen ballet dancers aged 10 - 15 at St James School in Exeter.

Guest teachers to include Royal Ballet graduate and Franklin Method coach Rachael Hall plus ex English National Ballet Soloist and Choreographer Jenna Lee!

More information to follow shortly. Please help spread the word by liking and sharing this post.

Thank you!"

Edited by Janet McNulty
To show that the wording is from the FB page of the Dance School

Hello Life and welcome out of the lurking shadows.  Thank you for the information about the summer school in Exeter.  Here is a link to the relevant website page:

http://www.fionaharvey.co.uk/south-west-ballet-summer-workshop-2016/

If it is your SS that you are detailing could I please ask you to add a signature to your profile in accordance with the Acceptable Use Policy?

Commerce There is no bar to people representing commercial ventures from signing up to BalletcoForum with a view to spreading information about their wares or offering relevant services. 

That said, we are not an advertising hoarding and repeated postings of the same or similar information will not be tolerated, nor frivolous posts which merely seem designed to get the company name ‘up there’. Nor will we allow vendors to use BalletcoForum as their shopfront: if you have a selling business you should use your own website for trade and market testing, not this one.

Members who have commercial interests must indicate that by adding a Signature line to their postings, stating the name and type of their business and giving their website and/or business email address for enquiries. (You set up a Signature via My Settings in the dropdown menu under your name.) If members wish to contact businesses, associate schemes or other commercial enterprises this should be done via the vendor’s website or email, not by starting threads on the forum.

• Like 1

Bristol Russian Ballet School are running their summer school at the end of August. See details below and for more information go to their website at www.bristolrussianballetschool.com   There are always students there from vocational schools and my dd learnt a lot from their summer school including the opportunity for pas de deux and repertoire/variations. There is no audition to apply. 

Russian Ballet Summer School  2         Intermediate – Advance level age 13 plus     Fee: £200

22nd August – 26th August   (12:30- 4:30pm daily) at David Lloyd Sports Club

Subjects including: Ballet technique,  Repertoire & Variation , Pas de deux

Girls need to have minimum of 1 year experience in pointe works.

Teachers /Guest teachers TBC

My DD attended the Advanced summer school at Bristol Russian Ballet School last year and loved it. She was nervous about going as she had not done pas de deux and character before but she tried her best, worked hard and had a great time. She is going again this year.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are in or can get to Hertfordshire, I had an email this morning about a new summer school running from 22nd - 26th August inclusive:

"Herts Dance Summer School

10 am - 3pm, 22nd - 26th August 2016

Venue: Sele School, Welwyn Road, Hertford SG14 2DG

Faculty:

Kathryn Swainston, PDTD RAD RTS ARAD AISTD (RAD examiner) - Ballet and Repertoire

Anna Forbes (trained at Elmhurst, ex ENB and Phantom, currently Royal Caribbean's "Cats") - Ballet, Musical Theatre, Repertoire

Damian Slade (London School of Contemporary Dance CAT, Hothouse Dance) - Contemporary

Alison Boden CDE, Dip. LCDD, Dip. AISTD - Ballet and Modern/Jazz

Free parking

For details of fees and application forms please contact Emma Dudley on emma.dudley93@gmail.com "

I am investigating this as a possible replacement for the wonderful Harpenden Summer Dance School which will be very much missed this year. :-( When I find out fees and age ranges I will let you know.

• Like 4

Is anyone considering any of the LSC Summer weeks? Suddenly has become of interest to DD but not sure if a possibility without accomodation.. I'm working so can't stay,X anyone know if there are places she might be safe to stay on her own. She knows the area as does LSC associates which would help.

If you are in or can get to Hertfordshire, I had an email this morning about a new summer school running from 22nd - 26th August inclusive:

"Herts Dance Summer School

10 am - 3pm, 22nd - 26th August 2016

Venue: Sele School, Welwyn Road, Hertford SG14 2DG

Faculty:

Kathryn Swainston, PDTD RAD RTS ARAD AISTD (RAD examiner) - Ballet and Repertoire

Anna Forbes (trained at Elmhurst, ex ENB and Phantom, currently Royal Caribbean's "Cats") - Ballet, Musical Theatre, Repertoire

Damian Slade (London School of Contemporary Dance CAT, Hothouse Dance) - Contemporary

Alison Boden CDE, Dip. LCDD, Dip. AISTD - Ballet and Modern/Jazz

Free parking

For details of fees and application forms please contact Emma Dudley on emma.dudley93@gmail.com "

I am investigating this as a possible replacement for the wonderful Harpenden Summer Dance School which will be very much missed this year. :-( When I find out fees and age ranges I will let you know.

Got some more info through:

Time: 9.30 am - 3.30 pm (tbc)

Age limit/minimum standard: No lower or upper age ranges; BUT juniors must have passed RAD Grade 1 or equivalent. Those dancers who have passed RAD Grade 5 or equivalent also get a pilates warmup class each morning. Children will be supervised at all times and will be signed in each morning and out each afternoon. Please bring packed lunch, drinks and snacks.

Cost:

Early Bird price for the week: £110 if booked before 30th April,

£140 if booked after 30th April

Applications and more details from: hertsdancesummerschool.gmail.com

Edited to add: (hopefully) a link to the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/hertsdancesummerschool/?ref=ts&fref=ts

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ballet.baby - my Dd did the Easter course at the London Ballet Company both this year and last. She really enjoyed it, small groups and good teaching. They did ballet, pointe, creative and contemporary. Easy to get to on the jubilee line, almost on top of Canada Water station.

Hi everyone - there will be some 1 day workshops during the the last week of the summer holidays hosted by MIDAS. Details re staffing to be confirmed (regular MIDAS staff probably with a couple of special guests?!) but will focus on a 'Back to School' theme - ballet technique (incl pointe and demi pointe), injury prevention, body conditioning, jazz technique (kicks, leaps and turns). There will also be opportunities for individual coaching/injury prevention/screening sessions with Dr Dance herself! All information will be posted on the MIDAS website and Facebook page in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi - a couple of places have become available for next weeks Back-to-school days in Central Birmingham, walking distance from the stations. Each day is 9.30-3.30. Timetable varies slightly between Juniors and Seniors but main elements are:

Monday 22nd: Ballet class with myself, body conditioning with myself or MIDAS conditioning tutor, Abby Wells and jazz/modern/lyrical workshop with Nazene Danielle assisted by Molly Thorpe Franklin (Dance Mums UK, Dance World Cup Gold winner, ISTD Janet Cram winner)

Tuesday 23rd: Ballet class with myself, contemporary class with Abby Wells and body conditioning with both of us.

Wednesday 24th: Ballet class and repertoire with Paul Chantry (of Chantry dance company and Chantry School) and conditioning with Abby Wells or myself. We will also be teaching the students all about goal setting and giving time to allow older students to set up individual training plans.

One day is £40, 2 days are £75 and 3 days = £100. If you wish to attend and would like to spread the cost please PM me or email director@midas-dance.org

• Like 1