Company Auditions for 2016/17

Jan McNulty

Unpaid opportunity in New York …. American Ballet Theatre Studio Company seeks dancers of extraordinary potential in classical technique for the 2016-2017 season, beginning September 2016.

Where: Real Conservatorio Profesional de Danza Mariemma
Calle de Soria, 2
28005 Madrid, Spain

When: June 18 and 19

Saturday, June 18, 2016, Girls only
Ages 16-18, Registration from 4:00-5:00pm
Audition class 5:00-7:00pm

Sunday, June 19, 2016, Boys only
Ages 15-17, Registration from 12:00-1:00pm
Audition class 1:00-3:00pm
Ages 18-20, Registration from 3:00-4:00pm
Audition class 4:00-6:00pm

Registration will begin one hour prior to the class for your age group. Please bring a resume (including height and date of birth), a headshot, and a photo in first arabesque.

Dancers in the training program are not paid, however, we provide dancers with a living stipend and housing in New York City.

For more information, please email abtstudiocompany@abt.org

The Bucharest National Opera House (BNO) is looking for male and female dancers with a strong classical technique for Principal, Soloist and Corps de Ballet, for the 2016 - 2017 Season. The audition will take place on Friday, 1st of July, in the BNO’s Ballet Studio (3rd floor) and will consist in a full ballet class studies (from 10am to 1pm).

The Bucharest National Opera House has an amazing classical, neoclassical and contemporary repertoire.

In order to be invited at the audition, dancers must send C.V., photos and a weblink/ video recording of recent work to directia.balet@operanb.ro.

http://www.operanb.ro/en/stiri/auditie-balet-2016

For the sake of any dancers or parents who only read this "Doing Dance" sub-forum, I'd suggest any potential auditionees search the rest of the forum on Bucharest to acquaint themselves with the current controversy. Today's Press round-up in the Dance Links sub-forum will give a pointer.

Edited by Grand Tier Left
  • Like 7

Ballet Finland is looking for 2 male and 1 female ballet dancers for season 2016-2017 productions. Excellent classical and contemporary technique required. Positions starting from August 8th 2016 onwards.

Auditions by invitation only.

Send CV, pictures and/or videos to info@balletfinland.com.

Deadline for applications: June 30th 2016.

Edited to add:I copied and pasted this so not my wording. It says to visit their website for further details

Edited by 2dancersmum
  • Like 1

Our press release is out for Grand Audition 2017. Our new website is www.grandaudition.net 

I will keep you posted to any additions to our Artistic Directors and Companies. 

Have a good Sunday!

DM

• Like 1

Our press release is out for Grand Audition 2017. Our new website is www.grandaudition.net 

I will keep you posted to any additions to our Artistic Directors and Companies. 

Have a good Sunday!

DM

Gosh, June 9th seems very late in the year?

• 2 weeks later...

Will Tuckett is advertising on Facebook for male classical dancers for his new immersive Nutcracker (contract mid October to beginning January).  Thanks to Capybara for highlighting this:

"Will Tuckett
16 hrs · 

Dear Wonderful World of Dancers!
I am making an immersive, theatrical ballet of Nutcracker this Christmas!

• We are looking for strong, Classically trained male and female dancers who will be required to SPEAK! 
• Classically trained female dancers who have harness / aerial dance experience!
• Classically trained male and female dancers who have inline / pic / figure skating experience!

This is as close as I've ever got to doing an open call for an audition so please, pass on to people and share about to anyone you think might be up for it and looking for a jolly team to spend Christmas with!!!

Rehearsals / Shows go - 10th October to January 8th.

It's going to be lots of new skills and finding out how this might work as we go, so looking for a collaborative, up for it company. 
EVERYONE in the show will be interacting with the public up close and as its a family show it means being comfortable with old, young and in the middle alike... and to audiences not just new to dance but also new to this kind of show. 
Its Christmas so our responsibility is to make it the most magical experience our audience have ever had... If I was a 7 year old I'd want to remember it as the best thing ever.... Or 77 come to that! 
Thanks so much for reading!!!!

C.V.s and photos to : henry.nutcracker@gmail.com !!!!

Please don't send things to me personally as it gets everso confusing! And if you do, apologies if I don't answer!!!! 
iillxxx"

https://www.facebook.com/will.tuckett.92?fref=ts

More details about the production here:  http://www.balletcoforum.com/index.php?/topic/12914-william-tucketts-new-nutcracker-to-be-performed-in-wembley-park/#entry176593

• Like 2

It may be of interest to know that timing is everything! If parents are on here trying to help their graduate find work or if it will happen next year take a look at the companies tour schedules - email to take co class on their return when (unfortunately) injuries may have occurred - for example as ENB approach Nutcracker season at the coli is a great time as they often need extra dancers etc! Post holidays when random things occur, dancers choose not to return or get pregnant. Be clever and don't give up!

NB you get one try at Mathew Bourne - so don't audition when not fully fit, wait.

Hope thats useful!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://dancingopportunities.com/audition-notice-bayerische-staatsballet-munich/?utm_content=buffer6b25a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I posted the above link for the forthcoming Munich auditions on a news thread earlier today. I hadn't appreciated that there was one devoted to auditions.

[if this post contravenes BCF policy, please would a Mod be so kind as to remove the one on the News from Germany etc. thread?]