Company Auditions for 2016/17

Jan McNulty

Without meaning to be negative here, but there are plenty of sites that those looking for work can look at for auditions. There are about 11 currently advertised on Dance Europe for example and more on other sites like Network Dance and Ballet Companies that update just about daily. Then there are the cruise ships and the likes of Disney with multiple auditions a year and sites that advertise contemporary dance auditions. This forum would be overrun if a new thread was started for each audition members came across. If Balletcoforum as a whole wants to advertise auditions, could there please be a specific thread for this purpose.

This thread is a good idea and really helpful, not only for grads looking for company auditions, but also for those still in training who will need details in the future (and their parents, who will be expected to know everything :wacko: )

I suspect that quite a few companies don't actually advertise as such, and it is all done by word-of-mouth, and one needs to be 'in the know' to find out about them!.

• Like 6

I hope that this thread will give dancers not yet in their graduate year and their parents a feel for which companies audition and when and how the auditions are held. Of course graduate year dancers will get advice from their schools and check Dance Europe's website but this thread will, I hope, give an idea of what is happening in the dance world regarding auditions.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Audition Ballett Dortmund

Artistic director Xin Peng Wang is looking for:

- one female and one male principal dancer for the main company

- 10 young dancers between 18 and 21 years for the junior company

Application until February 7th, 2016.

Audition: February 21st, 2016.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Surely it's very unusual for POB to recruit externally at corps level. It's a pity that the thread on dancers and a Brexit has been locked as this information would have been of interest to the people contributing to that particular thread.

• Like 5

Surely it's very unusual for POB to recruit externally at corps level. It's a pity that the thread on dancers and a Brexit has been locked as this information would have been of interest to the people contributing to that particular thread.

As far as I'm aware (for corps temporary contracts at least) this has been happening for some years now.

• Like 2

On the POB website where it is advertised it says you have to telephone for details. Telephone Paris? Gosh, I wouldn't want it to be a long conversation then !

Maybe one of the prerequisites is that applicants might need to speak fluent French?

• Like 2

I auditioned at Pineapple many years ago for a dancing job at Euro Disney. We had to phone a number initially before some of us were invited to the audition or not. But the phone number was a UK number. The whole interview over the phone was in French. Luckily back then I spoke fluent French, after doing it at A level and also living in Paris for a year. So I was given an invitation to audition. Didn't get the job though. They wanted strong jazz dancers and I didn't have a clue. 

• Like 1