Birmingham Repertory Theatre: The Snowman, London, November 2015

The seventeenth season of the Snowman, a tale by Raymond Briggs is at the Peacock Theatre. Not to everyone's liking but if you have young children or grandchildren this evergreen show would go well. It is 4 years since I last photographed the show and sadly only Act 1 was shown as there was a performance the same night. The cast of course were different as The Boy grows up. A wonderful opportunity for a young dancer/actor. Oscar Couchman from Tunbridge Wells was The Boy at the photocall.

The%2BSnowman%2B2015_85%2B-%2Bfenton%2B-

Martin Fenton as The Snowman and Oscar Couchman as The Boy

• Like 1

I saw this several times, with my goddaughter, then my husband's godson and then our two children (my niece went one year too when she was visiting from Canada). It was our family Christmas outing for several years. The last time we went our son was 10 and in year 6 at school (and our daughter was 8) and I decided that he was getting too old for it. He would happily have gone again the following year and was quite disappointed when I told him that we wouldn't be seeing it again. It's a very sweet production and the flying sequence to the Walking in the Air song is magical.